18| Home

Chapter 18: Home

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Chapter 18: Home

Joi stood in the sprinkling rain. Watching.

She stood outside the large building near the docks, watching the large ships port into the island. She smiled, thinking about the money and praise she would receive in only a matter of months. Once the last 10 students were transferred to the Barvarian Coast, their plan could move forward. Finally.

Joi had her ears plugged, and so did a few other people. Several members from the Coast’s Council were there, spectating. Once the 7thand final ship came in, they all unplugged their ears and looked at the ships that had come in.

A council member close to the dock had a small computer-like device and a headset over his head. He spoke a few unintelligible words into the headset microphone then walked closer to Joi.

“7 ships made it to the island from the Coast. We only lost three during the transition,” he said.

Joi nodded and looked back at the ships, slightly embarrassed and she didn’t know why. The Coast had never figured out the science behind the ships. They always had to have escape routes and safety measures in case a ship failed or went off course. And in that case, the Coast citizens that were boarding 3 of the ships had to take a small boat back home.

     Joi sighed, thinking of how scared they must have been. There was never even a guarantee of getting back home using the lifeboats.

     She was embarrassed that Treedon had become such a threat over a decade's time. Treedon was always supposed to be the weak island but they became the ones in control without even realizing it. Not because they did anything to get stronger, but because the Coast didn't have the knowledge that Treedon did.

     Soon, after they attack Treedon, no one will have that knowledge.

     Treedon would be gone.

     "Report to the Coast and ask how many lifeboats made it back," Joi ordered. The man quickly started typing on his small computer.

     Joi looked back at Black Island's main building that held the training center and the rooms. Her eyebrows creased and she rolled her lips between her teeth before speaking to the closest group of guards, "Go get the students. Bring them here. We need to leave as soon as possible."

     They nodded and marched off.

-------

Phoebe’s mind flashed red.

Yellow.

Orange.

Blue.

It hit her hard, like a punch to the face. The image was of something familiar but the second she came back to reality, she couldn’t remember specific things.

She remembered the disaster was at home, Treedon, but she couldn’t remember who was hurt, if anyone. She just remembered fire, destruction, and Steven’s unmoving face.

Snatched (1) {COMPLETED}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें