Chapter Two

Talia

A SHIVER RAN up my spine. The icy breeze was determined on knocking me down. It was cold as fück, and I was naked, using my hands to shield my privates. I already knew how this night would end.

The warriors had forced Nicos and I to shift. We had entered their pack as the gigantic men lead us to an unknown location. I was terrified of what they'd do to us, not only had we trespassed into their land, but we had almost killed one of their warriors, too.

Great.

It was bad enough that we had been on the run, but now this? I couldn't imagine what Nicos had been thinking at the moment. I knew he feared the fate we'd been given.

After we'd arrived at their pack, they left us with some guards and commanded us not to move as they left to call their Alpha. I almost laughed. Did we even have a choice?

I lifted my knees up, wrapping my arms around them and putting my head in between. I was exhausted, so exhausted, my nudity didn't even faze me.

I lifted my head from my knees and turned to Nicos, gulping as I say, "Nicos, I'm so sorry."

He rolled his eyes, not a hint of remorse on his face and I almost choked on my sob at how brave he seemed, "Chill out, Talia. We're alive, aren't we?" I nodded at his miserable attempt at trying to comfort me.

Minutes passed by into what seemed like an eternity. I was terrified. A growl pulled me out of my trance. I looked up, gradually and swallowed my saliva.

The large man is somewhat too tall for an Alpha; had he stood next to Nico, the seventeen year old would seem tiny in comparison. Muscles bulged all over his body, his bulkiness buldging through his long sleeved, blue shirt. The scent that brought me here had returned, only stronger than ever. A masculine scent, one that was indescribably addictive. I felt a sudden pull between us.

My wolf squirmed inside of me. An overwhelming urge to run to him filled within her, but I held her back. My vision went blurry again and I felt myself stand up subconsciously.

What's happening?

His grey eyes, almost green, sparked with intensity. I hadn't seen anything as beautiful as his eyes. They reminded me of smoke and ashes blowing from the wind coming from a fire; the intensity burning through them.

It was as if my legs walked on their own accord and soon I found myself standing only a foot from his chest. I could hear his breathing halt. I had to crane my neck to look up, my 5'6 height making me seem tiny in comparison.

Beautiful, he was so beautiful. His features, unlike any other man I'd ever encountered before. His jawline was wide and narrow, giving definition to his face. His nose was sharp and his eyes were bright and burning with intensity. They grew darker with each second that passed between us. His beauty was unparalleled, so indescribable. So incomparable.

I couldn't believe my eyes. His face was so... beautiful. It was a vague description, but no words could ever describe his beauty. Each second felt like an eternity as I waited for what was to come. Why hadn't he seemed agitated at our intrusion?

My wolf purred inside of me, still entranced by his beauty. Dizziness struck me again, the blurriness returning.

Mate, I realized. He was my mate.

At that point, it hadn't mattered to me that he was an Alpha, nor the fact that I was considered an outlaw, a rogue, but the fact that he was beautiful, surreal, and mine. I blushed at the thought.

His gaze flicked to my jaw and he growled, "Who the fuck did this?"

My hand immediately shot up to my face, and I winced as I realised there must have been a bruise there. I swallowed.

I turned to the Warriors, who cowered in fear at the sight of their angry Alpha. He flicked his gaze from me to his warriors, his grey eyes darkening, "I will not repeat myself."

The bulky man lifted his head and spoke in a hushed tone, "We had to. The boy injured Mario."

Hearing what his warrior uttered, my mate turned to Nicos. He growled in blazing anger. His deep voice rumbling as he spoke, "You're the one who injured my warrior?"

Nicos didn't cower in fear, something I admired about him. He never cowered in the face of danger, ever. Yet when he was met with the anger of the power-surging Alpha; I could see the fear  blazing within his hazel coloured eyes. As stubborn as he was, he refused to submit.

I couldn't speak, my voice untrustable, I don't even know how I managed to utter a word. "Nicos, don't," I warned, my voice, hoarse. Nicos turned to me, his gaze softening. "Please," I whispered.

The Alpha noticed our interaction and growled, taking a step closer to Nicos.  My wolf had the overwhelming urge to jump him and I mentally groaned at her thoughts. My mate, of course. Not Nicos. That would have been weird.

I suppose my glances didn't go unnoticed because he slowly ripped his lingering eyes from Nicos and took in everything about me. I shivered as his gaze shifted down to my nude body. I looked down, realizing I had been naked in front of my mate this whole time. Ughhh. This was  so humiliating...

A low growl deepened from his chest, his pupils dilating as his eyes lingered on my chest longer than usual. I felt myself flush hotly and stared into the ground. He turned to his warriors, "Look away." They did as he said without a word.

He suddenly took a step closer to me; now only standing a meter away. I felt my heart speed up a little as he stepped closer and closer. The electricity that was cackling between us only intensified as he hovered over me. My wolf was going crazy.

He steadily began taking off his shirt, and I almost gasped. His body was shaped like a God, his muscles bulging and well built. His shoulders were broad and his posture, like one of a true wolfs.

Desire pooled into me as he began lifting the shirt over my body. I had completely engulfed in his scent. The shirt reached up to the beginning of middle of my thighs, that's how tall he was compared to me. I looked away. 

Nicos watched with wary eyes, shooting daggers into the back of my mates head. His gaze softened as he had realised what he was to me. Nicos widened his eyes in surprise. 

I knew what he was thinking and so was I. Maybe we would be saved.

"Leave us," he grumbled to his warriors, his voice husky as he spoke.

I shivered at the sound of his voice. It was a deep, velvety rumble that gave me chills. I could fall asleep to the sound.

Then the dizziness returned, and this time it didn't wait for me to regain consciousness, it just took me away.

— a/n

where in the world are you reading this from? x

love you guys :)