Chapter Seventeen

**UNEDITED

**SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE. i spent the whole week playing project pokemon and i dont regret a single second of it. best. week. ever.

Talia

THE RIDE TO the North was gloomy one.

The dark hues of the skies had painted an accurate depiction of my current feelings; as if the Moon Goddess herself had sensed the pain blossoming through my veins. Adonis offered me sympathetic glances every now and then, but I didn't dare look at him. I knew that if I looked at him once, I'd break down into an ocean of tears.

I didn't want this situation to break me. I'd endured so much in my short, twenty years of living, and I was too far in to let myself go. Yet, no matter how hard I tried to push Kyros out of my brain, he refused to leave. My wolf clawed at my insides, begging for us to go back to him. I ignored her pleas; unable to bare the thought of her going insane.

I was sitting in the passenger seat, my head leaned against the window, my legs gathered up on the seat. Adonis sat next to me, silently driving. It had only been four hours on the road, the sun had long ago taken its last breaths of day, hidden beneath the un-illuminated tints above.

"How long until we get there?" I asked, keeping my gaze outside the window, not bothering to take a glance at Adonis.

Adonis turned his head in my direction, his expression one of shock, as if he hadn't expected me to speak. "A little over three hours. Are you hungry?"

I shook my head against the window, sighing. I hadn't been hungry. The only hunger I had felt in that moment was the kind that cursed through my veins and wouldn't stop until it's desire was obtained. But the alluring creature that I desired has been my mate – and he was unattainable.

"Talia?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?"

I remained silent for a few minutes. The only sound that was heard between the two of us being the roaring engine of the car. "I have to be."

"It's okay if you're–"

"No, Adonis, it's fine. I'll give him time. It's breaking my wolf, and I feel myself losing her every second we move farther away from him, but I won't give up. I can't. I can . . . tell he's been going through some things. There's nothing I can do but stand by and be there for him when he needs me."

Adonis grinned, "You're pretty fucking fantastic."

"I sure don't feel that way," I grumbled underneath my breath.

The three hours felt like ten hours, and it was long before we arrived to the North.

The set up was vastly different compared to the West; the size being one of them. The West was far more larger than the North.

The security guards glanced at the window through Adonis' side and nodded towards him before letting us go through. I lifted my head and analyzed my surroundings in awe. The greenery had been fresh, preserved, it's vibrance probably held the capability to blind the human eye. The bushes were cut up in cute designs, each one shaped differently than the next. "This place. . . is beautiful."

Adonis offered me a proud smirk, "You like it? I designed every part of it myself."

I grinned, "Really? You have beautiful taste."

When we parked, my body ached to leave the confines of the car. I hastily lifted my body off the warm seat and opened that car door; stretching my worn out limbs. Yawning, I turned to Adonis in question, "What happens now?"