🔥Power in the ⬆️side ⬇️

-Your pov-

It's been a week, at least I think it's been a week. I was finally able to get up and out of bed. But I still don't know where I am.

All week I've been seeing Eleven and Dr. Brenner. Eleven in my dreams, and Brenner in real life.

Eleven doesn't know a lot of words, but I've been teaching her some normal daily words. She showed me her powers, which is awesome! I mean, moving things with your mind! Sweet!

And Brenner is trying to help me uncover my powers. And it may sound nice, it's not. At all.

He'll put you in a chair, and tell you what to do. And if you can't do it, you get zapped. And every time you can't do it, the voltage gets higher.

The door opens and I turn over and see Brenner in the doorway.

"Hello Five. Are you willing to cooperate today?" He asks.

I glare at him and sit up. "Call me by my real name Brenner. Then I will."

He stares at me before sighing and looking down. "Your rebellious streak is going to end up causing you more harm, YN. But just this once you shall use your name."

I sigh and nod.

"Grab her." He says and he steps out of the doorway.

Two men step inside and I stand up.

"I am cooperating, and I can walk." I say loudly.

My arms are grabbed by the two men and I'm dragged out of my room. We go down the hall and turn left. Then we go down that hall and stop at a door. The door opens and we walk inside.

The room is white, and their is a silver chair in the middle.

"Sit her down." Brenner says.

I get dragged into the chair and get forcefully sat in the chair. They strap my arms on the arm rests, and my legs to to the chair. The guards leave along with Brenner, leaving me in front of a window strapped to a chair.

I look through the glass window, and see Brenner walk through the door.

"Focus YN. Go deep into your mind, and find the power. We don't want to have to use the shocks." He says through a speaker.

I nod and close my eyes.

I feel everything go quiet, focusing on myself. I slowly take a breath in, then out. I slowly begin to imagine myself in a dark room, like where I see Eleven.

When I open my eyes, or my mind. I see things, like my whole life. Small pictures of my life in frames. I walk past them, towards a small box. It's red, with a yellow-ish orange ribbon. I pick it up and felt my hand get warmer instantly.

The warmth starts spreading up my arms, but I ignore it. I slowly untie the ribbon, letting it fall to the floor. Turning it to ash. My left hand the bottom of the box, and I take off the top with my right hand.

A blast of warmth hits my face, and I see inside the box, is a small flame. I smile slightly, and put the lid under the box. I put my hand inside the box slowly, waiting for the flame to burn me. But it never does.

My finger tips hit the bottom of the box, and I curl my fingers under the flame. I pick it up slowly and drop the box, turning it to ash. I hold the flame in my hands, and it slowly begins to spread.

I panic slightly, but I know it won't harm me. I let it spread, and when I open my eyes.

I'm on fire.

I slowly move my right hand, the stap holding my arm down is nothing but ash. I smile and look down at my self.

I scream.

~Time skip~

After that embarrassing event of my clothes being burned off. I was given a fire proof suit that was to big for me. But I wore it.

"Brenner, I want clothes. Real clothes." I say.

He looks at me from the doorway of my room. "I will see what I can do." He says.

"No. You will bring me clothes, I have done what you asked and uncovered my powers. Now I want clothes that won't burn off, and I will continue doing as you tell me to." I say.

He looks at me before walking away and shutting the door.

~Time skip one month~

I was being dragged to another room. This time in real clothes! Not a gown or a suit.

I was wearing a Clash t-shirt, and blue jeans. And I got some black converse.

The door opens and I saw through the window something strange. I saw green-black vines that looked really slimmy, and a pink-red goo surrounded by the vine things.

I look at Brenner. "What is that?" I ask.

"We do not know. But you are going to go and communicate with them in there." He says.

I gulp as I look at the opening. I look up at him and nod. I get pushed out of the room, and into another room. A guard was wearing a suit, and I look at him.

"Do I have to wear one?" I ask.

He just opens the door into the room with the vines. I notice the particals floating in the air and wave them away. I walk towards the doorway to where ever these things I'm suppose to talk to are.

I step over vines, before having to step on them. I cringe at the squishing sound, and I grab the slimy vine to my right to keep me up right.

I groan in disgust at the slime and look back. Brenner nods at me and I sigh. I take a deep breath in and stick my arm in the pink-red stuff. It rips and my hand makes it to the other side.

I take another feel breath in and hold my breath. And I walk in the pink stuff. I open my eyes and see the same room, only empty and covered in vines and slime. I turn around and find the thing shut.

I sigh and look around, setting my hand on fire.

"Might as well explore." I mutter.

♤Hope you liked this chapter. And here's some info on your ability.

Ability- Fire.

Can do- Can light self on fire, and set objects on fire with out needing to touch object. Is not affected by fire, and cannot burn. Body is naturally warmer than normal, without needing to set self on fire. Once object is on fire, is no longer having to use power, and fire will keep going on said object.

Drawbacks- gets headaches if using ability for longer than an hour. Get nosebleeds if used longer than two hours. Passes out if used for five hours. And is constantly asked if she has a fever because of high body temperature.

Later ya DemoDogs.
-Astrid♤