Afraid of Fire

- Will pov-

I here a sound of constant beeps, and I slowly open my eyes. I see a blurry figure that looked like

"Mom?" I ask.

She smiles and leans in closer. "Hey Honey."

I smile, and realise I'm in the hospital. "Hey, your awake. How are you feeling Will?" My brother, Jonathan asks.

I smile weakly. "Hungery, tired." I say.

He nods, "I'll go and tell the nurse he's awake and wants food." He says before walking off.

I turn to mom again. "How did you find me?" I ask.

She smiles. "Me and Hop went to the Lab up our road, and they had a way to get in. And we were able to find you, and bring you home."

I nod and then freeze. I look up at her with wide eyes. "YN! What a is she! We need to go get her!"

Mom pushes my shoulders back onto the bed, as I try to get up. She shakes her head and bites her lip.

"Will Honey. . . She's gone. She's been gone since last year. We were at her funeral last year, remember?" Mom said.

I shake my head. "No! She's alive! She was with me in the Dark World! She can't be dead! I left her at our house! She's alive!"

Tears start to come out, and Mom pulls me into a hug.

"Oh Baby. . . She wasn't there. She's gone honey." She whispers.

I start breaking down, sobbing.

'She was with me the entire time. She couldn't have been my imagination.... could she?'

- Your pov-

I open my eyes and see that I'm still in the Dark World. I slowly sit up and clutch my head. I frown as I try to remember what happened.

'Joyce, and Hopper were here . . . They saved Will . . . .And then- ugh, why can't I remember what happened after that!?'

I stand up and realise that I'm in the field near the school.

"How did I get here?" I ask out loud.

Suddenly I feel a gust of wind from behind me. My eyes widen in fear, and the hair on my arm stands up.

I slowly turn around, and come face to shadow with a monster.

I towered above me, it's large and strangely shaped head looking down at me. It had long spider like legs, and like everything else in this world, no face. It's body completely dark, no color what so ever.

I take a step back, then another one, then another one. Before I turn on my heal and run for the school. It makes a low rumbling sound and I don't need to look back to know it's following me.

I slam the door open and slam it shut behind me. I run down the hall and turn the corner and hear the door get slammed open. I look down the hall and see Ele falling through a gate.

"ELEVEN!" I scream.

She turns around on the other side of the gate and her eyes widen as she sees me. She gets up and the gate starts to close quickly.

I can tell that she started to use her power, because her nose was bleeding and the gate wasn't closing. I run faster towards her, and I could tell she was too weak and using to much power.

"Quickly." She whispers.

I stop right in front of the gate, only able to see her face because of it shutting.

I give her as sad smile and look over my shoulder. The shadowy wind dust thing monster was covering the hall and getting closer.

I turn back to her with fear covered cheeks. And I shake my head.

"Stop Ele. I'll get out somehow. But you need to go."

She shakes her head, and opens her mouth to say something. But I stop her.

"I'm sorry Ele." I whisper.

And I stick my hand through, and push her hard. Her concentration breaks and I pull my hand back. The gate closes and the last thing I hear...

Is her screaming my name in fear.

-Will pov-

The guys walk in and I high five them. I feel pain in my heart every time I look at Dustin. He's her brother, and I thought she was really there with me.

"Hey Will. What was it like there? In the upside down?" Mike asks.

I tilt my head slightly in confusion. "The upside down?"

He nods. "The upside down. You know, the shadow world where you were in."

I nod. "We didn't call it that. We called it the Dark World. Cause it was dark, and similar to our world. It was pretty cold, and I had to run from the Faceless monster a few times. I mostly stayed in my house or Castle Byers." I say.

"I'm sorry. Did you say we?" Lucas asked.

I freeze and look at them wide eyed. "I don't know? Did I?"

They nod. "Yep you defiantly said we." Dustin says.

I gulp, and look down and fiddle with my fingers.

"Who was with you Will? You can tell us, we won't tell anyone." Mike says.

I look up at him and glance at Dustin.

"I-I wasn't really with anyone. I thought I was, but then my Mom told me that it was just my imagination trying to cope with being alone. That she. . .was just my imagination." I whisper.

"Who's she?" Lucas asks.

I look down at my lap. "YN..."

I hear Dustin's breath hitch, and everyone freezes.

An awkward silence filled the air, and I refused to look up at them.

"S-so your saying that, you imagined, that YN was alive and with you?" Mike asked.

I slowly nodded. "Yes." I croaked out.

-Dustin pov-

YN.

My twin who died last year.

And Will imagined her with him in the Upside down.

"Wh-what was she like?" I stutter.

"Was she okay? Was she the same as before? D-does she forgive me?" I ask.

Will makes eye contact with me. "She was different, she was better in a way. She forgives you, she knows you didn't mean it."

I nod and wipe my eyes. "She had fire powers too." Will said.

My eyes widen and I smile. And he returns it, and starts to tell us everything.

But I can't help feeling sad. I miss her.

- Your pov-

The gate closes and I turn around and see how close the shadow is to me. I turn and run, only to see the shadow coming down the hall.

'I'm surrounded. Shit I'm screwed.'

The shadow comes faster and I close my eyes, and set myself on fire.

I hear a low scream and I open my eyes. The shadow dust was backing away. I take a step forward, and it instantly moves away.

I look down at my body and smirk.

'Fire. It's afraid of fire.'

♤Hope you liked this chapter. It's time for season 2 to start in the book.

Later ya DemoDogs.
-Astrid♤