Chapter 18

I don't own anything

Under the bridge in Central Park New York we see Bigby and Eddie standing in front of the crooked mans door.

Eddie: So this is where the mirror lead us huh?

Bigby: Yup

Eddie: And we have no idea where is door will take us? Besides the croocked mans place?

Bigby: Yup

Eddie: And were both fully aware that this might lead us into a trap where we'll most likely have to fight our way out.

Bigby: Yup

Eddie sighed

Eddie: Well, this can only go so well!!

Bigby then kicks down the door to reveal the portal.

Bigby: You ready?

Eddie: As much as I'll ever be.

And with that to two headed straight into the portal.

............

The two open their eyes to see that they were transported into a hallway. Looking behind them they saw the crooked mans symbol faded away from the door that they had entered.

Eddie: Well there goes our only way out.

Bigby: we can find another way out later let's just focus on the croocked man-

The two then heard metal shifting coming their way. Not knowing what was coming towards them they took cover behind a wall readying for the worst to come.

However it was revealed that the person making the metal shifting was a man walking on crunches.

???: Hello? Sheriff wolf, investigator Brock?

Bigby: Tim?

Eddie: Wait you know this guy?

Bigby: He's a fable like us, Tim what are you doing here?

Tim: I'm the door man. I walk people up to see the crooked man. If you two will just follow me I'll gladly escort you too him.

Eddie looked at Bigby wondering if he should trust Tim but Bigby just nodded and walked with Tim.

Tim: Thanks sheriff and mr Brock for letting me do my job. It's not easy getting with.....this

Tim points to his handicap and Eddie and Bigby nodded in understandment. I'm lucky that the crooked man even gave me this job. I think he gets whats like....

Bigby: Tim you shouldn't be here this place is dangerous, especially for someone......like you.

Tim: But he gave me a job! And I'm happy for it!

Eddie: Listen Tim I'm not sure what you heard about this guy but I promise you he's no saint.

Tim: Maybe not but at least he was willing to give me a chance! Some of us can't wait to the end of the business line! We need you but we need him too what we don't need is a war!!

Bigby begins picking up the pace in anger as Tim races to catch up with him.

Tim: Sheriff wait! I still need to escort you inside!

Bigby stops for a brief second to think. This was in away his fault, perhaps if he had been a better detective he could have figured this all out months ago hell maybe he could have figured crane was dirty early on. But he didn't and because of his failure people like Tim are being out in the crossfire in something they shouldn't even be in.

Bigby stops all together to let Tim do his job. Tim smiles thanking the sheriff then opens the door.

Tim: Bigby wolf and Eddie Brock sir.

Jersey devil begins to get ready to come at Bigby and Eddie but the crooked man stops him with a simple motion from his. Making Jersey to sit down.

Crooked man: Thank you Tim, I know mr Brock and the sheriff arent the most accommodating sort, but you handled it, you did well, you can go now.

Tim: Yes sir.

Tim then leaves shutting the door behind Bigby and Eddie.

Crooked man: Don't you two see? Everyone in fabletown has a role to fill you just have to find what they need.

Crooked man stabs his cane to the ground.

Crooked man: We'll you two sit down we have much to discuss.

The duo look around seeing all there enemies surrounding them. The tweedles, George and Vivian, Jersey devil with his snarky grin and finally the crooked man himself.

Bigby took out his pack of cigarettes putting one in his mouth and giving one to Eddie. Both them got out their lighters and with one (chink), the finale showdown was ready to begin.