Prologue

Project: Level 6 Shift

Academy City's attempt to elevate an esper to level 6. The subject of this experiment - Accelerator. Level 5 Ranked 1st, the strongest esper.

The project was simple, Accelerator would kill 20,000 clones of Mikoto Misaka to reach Level 6.

For the most part, Level 6 shift went on without a hitch. The experiment was done in the shadows of Academy City and none opposed the project.

However, Mikoto Misaka had learned of the project and attempted to stop it. She even attempted to face Accelerator himself twice and barely survived. It wasn't until Kamijo Touma fought and defeated Accelerator that the project was finally stopped along side the destruction of Tree Diagram.

After the project collapsed, Accelerator would come into contact with Last Order; The last produced clone of the Sisters.

Upon meeting her, Accelerator would choose to protect this clone as a means of saving her as well as atoning for his sins.

A researcher who was part of the Level 6 project kidnapped Last Order and attempted to get back at Academy City by ordering the clones through Last Order to kill civilians.

Accelerator was able to stop the researcher and save the clones, but in doing so, Accelerator was crippled. He took a bullet to the head and received brain damage. He was able to survive but couldn't control his ability as he used too and lost control over his ability to move, speak and process sound and information.

In his recovery Heaven Canceler was able to heal him and recover his functions by tapping Accelerator directly into the Misaka Network. He was able to move, speak, process information and use his ability as long as he was connected to the Network.

In his time of healing, Accelerator ponders on his actions. Regretting the killing of the Misaka clones, and all of his abhorrent actions up until this point. However, he doesn't feel as though he could do anything or change anything. He felt as though he was a monster that could never repent of all that he had done and accepted that he was a Villain and that he would protect not only Last Order but all the clones as well as this Villain.

Mikoto Misaka during this time was adjusting to her normal life and went back to attending schooling, hanging with her friends and longing for a relationship with Touma, the boy who rescued her from death two times.

In Accelerator's mind, Mikoto was someone who he brushed aside, but looking back now.. he admired her as much as he did Touma, the man who he wanted to be. Mikoto, much like Touma, was brave and courageous, not afraid to do what is right even to the point of possible death.

Now, Accelerator rests at a hospital waiting for his recovery to finish.

"Hey, Accelerator!"

Accelerator opened his eyes and rubbed them open.

Accelerator looked up from his bed.

It was Last Order.

"We have to get ready soon to leave, we're finally moving on from this dingy hospital room says Misaka Misaka excited about the prospects of a new home!" States Last Order.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," Replies Accelerator slightly enthusiastically.