Chapter 10: GROUP

The following day, Accelerator roamed the streets of Academy City pondering the words Touma spoke to him.

(Touma must've meant a lot to Mikoto) Thinks Accelerator.

He remembered his fight with him and how he risked his own life to protect not only the clones but also Mikoto as well.

Accelerator knew the path he wanted to take, but still had doubts of ever being able to repent of his past mistakes. But in his heart he knew that Mikoto was worth the effort.

The girl that he once tormented now clung to him. He remembers how he desperately wanted a normal life free from darkness.

(When I'm around her, I feel like I can reach that normal life I want), Accelerator continues to think, (The past means nothing if I can change who I am now). 

Accelerator knew that if he chose that shadowy figures offer that it would only continue to lead him down a path of further darkness.

Mikoto was Accelerator's light just as Last Order was. Mikoto was different than Last Order. Last Order was like a daughter to him, but Mikoto...

Accelerator never had a family to call his own. His situation now reflected something like that of a family. Yomikawa took Accelerator in to her house fought with her whole being to try to care for and show the right path to Accelerator. She was like a mother to him. Last Order clung to Accelerator like a lost child. She was a victim in all of the experiments as well as plans from the Governing board. Accelerator wanted to offer a life to Last Order and to protect her from the schemes of other villains. She was like his daughter. But Mikoto was different from her. She was strong and could protect herself from others. She was a victim of the Governing Board as well, offering her DNA without knowing the effects that decision would lead to. But when Mikoto saw that he changed, that Accelerator wanted something more than just power or fear, but an actual chance at redemption, her heart opened. She felt comfortable around him and offered a hand of forgiveness to him. No longer that monster she saw, but a boy wanting a chance to live a normal life.

Accelerator at first wanted only her forgiveness so that he could begin a new life, but now that he has it, what more could he want? Mikoto has a normal life, one that she is willing to share with Accelerator. Once he had a glimpse of it, he wanted to stay there. Mikoto was, beautiful in Accelerator's eyes. The way she loves people, cares for her friends and is willing to protect them at her own life. She was a special kind of person that was rare to his eyes. His eyes so use to seeing people step on others for power and status.

(I'm scared) Thinks Accelerator, (If I reach my hand out to much, I could lose it all).

Accelerator was worried if he reached out to far to Mikoto in a desire to fully have a normal life with a family he could call his own that it would taken from him in an instant.

Accelerator in his own thoughts wondered down a dark alley far from the main streets of Academy city. 

"Oh, if it isn't the big number 1 Esper in Academy City," a voice said.

Accelerator turned around to see a man standing in front of him.