Chapter 9: Matriarch

The rest of the night was peaceful for the two. Accelerator drops Mikoto off at her dormatory where Kuroko takes her in to their room.

Accelerator begins to hand back to Yomikawa's place.

The streets were lightly crowded as the evening brings people back home.

On the way back, Accelerators notices a rather "Interesting" person.

A woman seemingly drunk hugs a post box

A woman seemingly drunk hugs a post box. Accelerator turns to take note of it, then promptly begins to leave.

Before he goes, he takes a look again and notices something a bit odd.

He leans in close to get a look and notices a resemblance to that of Last Order and Mikoto.

The woman manages to get a hold of herself and notices Accelerator close to her.

"HELLO there! I, Misuzu Misaka!" Misuzu yells drunkenly.

Accelerator gets surprised by the sudden startle and jerks up a bit. Before he could stand Misuzu tackles him to the ground.

"Get off me!" Exclaims Accelerator.

"I like long walks on the beach at sunset, getting caught in the rain and have you noticed my boobs, their really big. Oh wait, I'm married, forget that. Hands off mister I'm a married woman," says Misuzu.

Misuzu backs off Accelerator and he uses this time to stand up.

"By the way," starts Misuzu, "do you know where Dangai University is?"

Accelerator sighs before starting, "Yeah, why?"

"Excellent, I need to get there for a something important." Replies Misuzu.

Accelerator begins to wave down a taxi for her.

The taxi arrives and picks up Misuzu.

"Thank you so much young man, why don't you come with me?" Asks Misuzu.

Accelerator thinks to himself: (This woman is clearly drunk. But if I leave her alone, something might happen. She also said that her last name was Misaka).

"Sure whatever. But you better not try anything you hear." Accelerator replies.

The Taxi drives off with the two in the back.

"By the way," begins Accelerator, "You said Misaka, are you related to Mikoto by chance?"

"Oh yes, I'm her mother!" Replies Misuzu, "Don't tell me your interested in her too. She had this young man with her at the Daihasei Festival. I was sure she liked him but since you brought her up too this is just so good. You know, I'm glad that she's finding men to like her. Kids grow up so fast you know."

"I never said I liked her," replies Accelerator.

"Oh you don't have to tell me, otherwise you wouldn't have brought her up."

Accelerator doesn't reply.

The two eventually make it to the University.

"Well, thank you for coming with me its a big help," says Misuzu struggling to stand.

"I think your bigger help will be soberness," replies Accelerator attempting to help her stand.

Misuzu eventually makes it inside and begins to sober up.

As Misuzu does her research, Accelerator stands outside one set of doors leading in.

He rests against them waiting for her to finish up.

The lights begin to flicker out as a bomb goes off.

Accelerator takes action as he checks in with her.

"Whats happening?" Asks a sobered up Misuzu.

"I don't know," replies Accelerator, "But we should be leaving."

Accelerator begins to lead Misuzu out.

Eventually, they run into a group of men.

The men in front of him don't seem much of threat to him.

They look at first at Accelerator, then at Misuzu.

"Thats her!" one says, "Lets get her!"

The men take shots at Accelerator and Misuzu. She covers behind him while Accelerator activates his electrode. The bullets are sent right back at the men. The bullets destroy the guns in the men's hands and they cry in pain. Accelerator rushes them and punches them. They fall as they are knocked out by Accelerator's attacks.

Misuzu looks at Accelerator shocked.

"Come on, you want to live don't you?" Asks Accelerator.

After facing off with a few men Accelerator makes it outside.

Misuzu and Accelerator make it to one of the vehicles.

The two drive off from the complex and make it out alive.

Misuzu drops off Accelerator at Yomikawa's apartment.

As Accelerator gets out of the vehicle and walks toward the apartment, Misuzu begins a converstation.

"I really do appreciate what you did for me tonight," says Accelerator.

"Don't thank me," Accelerator states turning back to look at her.

"I really do. I have to think of a way to repay you," Misuzu states joyfully.

Accelerator merely sighs at the thought.

"You said you know Mikoto didn't you?" She asks.

Accelerator perks up at the name.

"What is she to you?" She asks.

Accelerator grabs his chest again with his left hand.

"I don't know yet," he says.

Misuzu smiles at his actions.

"I understand. I'm just glad that my daughter has made a good friend with such a nice boy," replies Misuzu smiling and driving off.