Chapter 13: Desperate Times

Accelerator ran.

He ran and used his esper ability as much as he could.

(Last Order) He thought to himself.

Last Order

LAST ORDER!

He finally reached Yomikawa's apartment and slammed the door open.

He looked around and the only people in the apartment were Mikoto and Last Order.

They looked in shock as Accelerator was still covered in blood by the time he got there.

"Accelerator are you... " Last Order started.

"We're going, now!" Accelerator shouted.

He quickly walked over and grabbed Last Order's hand and began out the door.

"Accelerator wait!" Shouted Mikoto chasing after him.

"Stay here," Accelerate demanded.

"Why? What's going on?" Asked both confused and angered Mikoto.

"Just do it, its for your own good," said Accelerator still walking.

Mikoto rushed in front of him.

"I'm going with you," stated Mikoto staring straight into Accelerator's eyes.

Accelerator only stared back.

"I don't want to see you get hurt Mikoto," said Accelerator back seriously.

"I could say the same," Mikoto replied.

"*tch* fine," Accelerator stated.

"So, where are we going?" Asked Mikoto.

"Russia," replied Accelerator.

"Russia? Why?" Asked Mikoto.

"Just shut up and grab us some winter clothing. Meet me by the train yards." Stated Accelerator now using his ability to leap forward quickly.

- A few minutes later -

The train that the three got into began chugging down the tracks on its way towards Russia.

By this point Last Order started to pass out.

Accelerator looked down at his phone and remember the last words Aiwass told him:

"If you do not want to see the girl die, then you must take the path you are currently working towards, and fully leave the one you once held so close. Go to Russia, specifically the Elizalina Alliance. Remember the phrase: Index Prohibitorum Librorum."

Accelerator broke his phone as the last words rung in his head.

Mikoto looked at him: He was huddled in the corner clinging to Last Order desperately.

(Accelerator) Thought Mikoto.

She took her right hand and brought it to her chest and held her hand over her heart. It pained her to see Accelerator this way.

(To think that at one point that we both fought each other and saw each other as enemies to crush. Now, we're friends and when I see him I... )

Mikoto shook her head.

"Accelerator," began Mikoto.

Accelerator looked over at Mikoto wide eyed.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Your wounds need to be treated," she said.

She went over to the end of the cart and grabbed a medical box from a cabinet and went back over to Accelerator.

"Don't worry about me," Accelerator stated.

"Nonsense, if your going to be fighting, you need to at least clean up," Mikoto replied.

Mikoto took out a rag and poured some water on it.

She started wiping the blood off of Accelerator's face.

Accelerator stared at Mikoto's face as he felt the towel hit his face.

"Mikoto," Accelerator began, "Thank you."

"Huh?" Mikoto responded.

"Thank you for standing by me all this time," Accelerator started, "I never said that I appreciate you becoming my friend and spending all this time with me. I've been alone all my life until I first met Last Order. But with you, its a bit different. We fought each other, I tried to kill you, and here you are trying to clean me up. So, thank you for everything."

Mikoto blushed a little and kept cleaning Accelerator.

"Its fine. Besides, you've changed. Even now your considered about Last Order and I. You even fought to protect not only me but also her. I think that you've changed a lot since then. Even when your acting like you don't care, that's your way of showing it. So I should be thanking you for protecting me." Mikoto replied.

Accelerator looked longingly at Mikoto and brought her close to him.

"I promise Mikoto, I'll potect you and Last Order." Accelerator stated.

Mikoto blushed a bit more. But this time she smiled and hugged Accelerator back.