Chapter 4: Escape

Mikoto starts running towards Accelerator.

Kihara looks back to where Accelerator is and sees Mikoto trying to pull up Accelerator onto her left shoulder.

"DON'T JUST STAND THERE, STOP HER!" Yells Kihara.

His men begin firing on Mikoto.

Mikoto starts using her electricity to stop the bullets from reaching her.

She then starts to see where she can escape from with Accelerator.

She spots a building top where she can go.

"ACCELERATOR!" Yells Mikoto.

Accelerator looks into her direction.

"Use your vectors to launch us onto the top of that building!" Says Mikoto.

Accelerator stomps on the ground and launches the two on the top of the building.

Before Mikoto can say anything else, Accelerator summons four small tornado like gales onto his back and scoops Mikoto into his arms and flies across the city out of Kihara's sight.

"DAMN IT!" Shouts Kihara, "FIND WHERE THOSE TWO WENT!"

Kihara's men go into their vehicles and drive off.

"Why did you do that?" Asks Accelerator.

Accelerator and Mikoto landed in a back alley far from the main roads of Academy City.

"I thought about what you told me earlier back in the Underground Mall. I haven't entirely forgiven you for what you've done, but I couldn't sit easily with that information. So, after you left, I tried going back to my dorm, but I just couldn't. So I went out to try to find you and ask more questions. When I did, I saw you bloodied on the floor with that guy standing over you. I saw Last Order too and heard you scream her name out and you blasting her away with that wind. Instead of protecting yourself you protected her instead. So, I just moved on my own after that and saved you." Mikoto explains.

"So what, your telling me you saved me out of a whim?" Asks Accelerator.

"I wouldn't say that, more, I can start to believe you when you say your have your best interest for the clones." Mikoto replies.

Accelerator continues to look Mikoto in the face.

He tries to figure out what to do now.

Not only does Last Order hang around him, but what if she starts too as well.

(I suppose I should use this opportunity to start repaying my debt to her) Thinks Accelerator.

"If you say so," Accelerator states, "but hanging around me might bring you only more torment. You saw those guys back there. When you came against me you barely stood a chance against me, these guys, they helped develop my powers. They probably have information on you as well. Protecting me isn't going to be easy. Are you sure you want to be dragged through hell for me?" 

Mikoto takes a second to think.

"If you really mean to protect the clones, and redeem yourself, then I should at least help you along the way. Maybe then, I'll start to forgive you," Mikoto replies.

Mikoto offers a hand to Accelerator.

Accelerator looks down at her hand.

(If I take her hand, then theres no going back from this) Accelerator thinks, (all my life I've been destroying lives, covering myself in darkness. Yet this girl who I tormented and tried to kill is like that kid, offering her help to me a monster. Maybe this time, I can... )

Accelerator makes his mind up and takes Mikoto's hand.

"You know, your pretty crazy for this," Accelerator says as he chuckles softly.

"Maybe, but this is something my conscience tells me is right," Mikoto says.