~chapter 1~

Although it's summer, It doesn't mean to just lay around and do nothing, at least do some chores" my mom scolded me which I just sighed and argued a bit until I finally gave up and decided to do some chores.

I put my sandals on and grabbed the trash bag as I started walking out the house and threw it out, but as I was walking by the mailbox I thought, why not check the mail right? I pulled them out and flipping through them.

'Important, Not, Not...' i pulled one out which displayed 'Diaz Family' i wanted to open it and see whom it was from but, by the decoration it seemed as it was from Aunt Star. She never ever invites us to parties, I wonder what's the occasion.

Hurrying back in I showed it to my mom but she insisted for my dad to be here once we opened it so basically I was glued to the window awaiting for my dads arrival, I was so hyped I couldn't do nothing else.

•^•

"Hey Princesa!" I hurried towards my dad and hugged him and helped him with his lunchbox which I was heading to place in the kitchen. "What's the hurry?" My dad asked once he got in the kitchen looking at my mom, she walked towards him giving him a peck before responding "Marco, she's just hyped about Star's Invitation, remember?" She raised an eyebrow, wait they already knew about this? "You guys knew about this? Why didn't you tell me?" I asked clearly upset.
"Sorry hun we just did want you to be too hyped up you know? and plus because we're finally meeting Star's daughter and son" my mom said trying to lighten my mood which she did, as always.

"Okay Okay... But can we open it already? I need to get my outfit ready I need to be prepared!" I grabbed the envelope and helped it in front of them, with the brightest smile.

My dad sighed and grabbed it before sitting down and opening it, he cleared his throat "Dear-" he paused as if there was something odd about it but continued "Dear Family, we invite you with open arms to come cherish this wonderful ball for my son, he's turning eighteen and we would be so glad if you made it." He finished before adding "and it's tomorrow at nine"

I needed to prepare what I was going to wear tomorrow so I hurried upstairs and tried searching for a good outfit! Hearing concerned yells to slow down, but I couldn't.

•^•

I glanced the the body mirror in front of me looking at my every single curve, I was wearing a short dress that was a dark blue color that sparkled when you twirled, with some flats of course, I straighten my hair one last time and headed down stairs, I wanted to make a good impression.

  "Princess" My dad said looking at me "You look stunning, just like your mother" he finished and grabbed my mother by the hand walking outside, my mom is truly a beautiful woman might I say, I continued to follow them by the side walk.? "Um dad.. the car is over there" I pointed, he chuckled before explaining that someone was going to pick us up, before I could respond a black carriage appeared, it looks like Tom's carriage! So I quickly got in behind my parents.

For some reason most of the ride was an 'rocky ride'.

•^•

We thanked the driver and we were surprised by a gigantic castle which was white but everything else around was kinda gloomy? As soon as we stated our Name we were guided to a big table area, which I only assumed was the birthday boy's table-.

"Oh my! You guys made it!" Star hugged me from behind which made me smile and greet her "Are you excited to meet Rigel and Ami?" She asked me before pulling away, I just chuckled nervously.
  'Why would she be so excited to show me her daughter and son?' I shook it off and just gave her a little nod, she giggled happily "Mind if I steal her for a bit?" She asked my parents, my dad was hesitating but soon agreed, probably cause they're monsters everywhere. Don't get me wrong I treat them like normal people of course, Star soon grabbed me by my wrist and rushed over to a baby girl that was on a high chair! "Aw.." i looked at her she was so cute "Hi my name is Y/N" I said grabbing her hand and shaking it, which cause her to laugh adorably, I continued playing with her until Star giggled and said "Sweetie would you like to have a baby like this some day?" Star asked, I thought about it for a bit before continuing to play with Ami. "Well I do think about it and of course but it depends how many I can handle"
"Mhm Okay! Well let's go meet Rigel now" she said pulling me away from Ami "I'll be back!" I told her.

  I feel like I'm getting dragged a lot today or am I just being over dramatic.
  I soon noticed we were approaching a boy that look strangely alike to Tom, he had horns too, he was talking to another boy with fiery horns and also fiery hair, they're very handsome but not my type?.
   Once the Alike Tom noticed us he paused before telling his friend they'll talk later
"Rigel~ Meet Y/N" Star said with a odd tone, we just stared at each other until I couldn't bare the silence and awkwardness "Um. Nice to meet you" I held my hand out to him so he could shake it but he leaned in and pecked it,
  What the f- "The pleasure is all mine, I have heard so many stories about you"
I felt getting red "As well" I smiled as he grinned back "I'll leave you two alone" Star said obviously happy and walked away as fast as she could.
  "Uh," Trying to start conversation "Happy Birthday by the way, and sorry we have never met before" i said looking everywhere except his eyes, he noticed and said "Thanks, and me too." He said, i could feel his stare on me which is causing me to burn up, ugh this is so awkward.

   He locked our arms together leading me to the dance floor.

   "Might as well get to know each other right?"