Chapter 8 - IF

Kayla's Pov

He slammed the door in my face. I stood there lost trying to figure out what just happened,why he was so angry, and did he just slam my own door in my face. Ugh the nerve of that arrogant bastard.

If he could get angry that easily for not opening the door, I wondered what he would do to people who disobeyed him. Not wanting to be a lesson for others i dashed into the bathroom taking a quick shower. Getting out of the shower I quickly dried my hair looking in my suitcase for something to wear. There was no way I was going to be ready in 10 minutes and I accept whatever comes after.

I felt like wearing something comfortable today, and not anything from the closet filled with extremely expensive stuff. Matching a pair of joggers with a top I put that on packing my hair up. Opening the door I was met with an empty hallway, I stepped out looking back and forth for Tobias but he was nowhere to be found. Hearing a faint voice from the corner i peeped seeing Tobias on the phone.

" Liam fix it, I don't care how you are going to do it. I can't leave the house it's like I'm bound in my own home, mother won't let me out of her sight because of Her" he said sounding irritated. I thought to myself who the her was until a light bulb came on in my head notifying me I was the her.

I stuck my head out a little more not seeing or hearing Tobias anymore. i didn't realize Tobias was now standing right behind me, how he got there that fast without me knowing I don't know.

"Ever heard the saying curiosity killed the cat" a voice said startling me making me turn around swiftly. I stood there frozen trying to decipher how he got behind my so fast without me knowing, when a chuckle came from his phone saying " Tobias don't scare the poor girl.

"We will talk later" Tobias said cutting the phone.

" i umm-m" a huge lump had formed itself again in my throat. Tobias probably thought I had some speech disorder already.

"You know what, I don't care let's go". He walked out of the hall without spearing a glance to see if I was following or not. It was very silent no eye contact he just kept on going like he was been controlled. I on the other hand stole little glances as we walked assessing his glowing skin, ruffled hair, and toned body in all he could be mistaken for a Greek god.

He wore a gray suit that fit him perfectly, I thought to myself if that was all he had or could wear. But those thoughts soon disappeared when I met with those orbs of his holding disgust in them.

"Hope your done drooling" he said heat crept to my face making me look away embarrassed he caught me gawking. I stylishly touched my lips to make sure I wasn't actually drooling like a fool.

We got to the dining room, I was about to open the door but Tobias put his hand on the nub first. Me thinking he was about to act like a gentleman I let him. The doors flew open after revealing Mr and Mrs Collins and shut back with Tobias strolling to meet his parents.

Leaving me in my original place. I opened the door, walking into the room greeted by Mr and Mrs Collins and a huge smirk plastered on Tobias's face.

Tobias's Pov

After breakfast, I decided to work from home roaming through the documents on my table, an envelope with a white seal that had the initials (SC) engraved on it caught my attention as it was only used by the Saint Collins family.

Opening it, it was an invitation to my father's annual ball, which was a way for rich pricks to show off.

That meant I needed someone to accompany me. Picking up my phone I called a close friend.

"Who's about to die ?" he said playfully.

''Laurent no one, why do you usually say that when I call you.

" Because that's the sneaky bastard I know, if you aren't trying to kill someone. Then you are plotting" he chuckled.

"Well your wrong, I need a date".

"Hmm to the ball I presume" Laurent said.

"Yeah are you coming" I asked like he had a choice.

"You ask as if I have a choice. I rather like my head attached to my neck" he said making the both of us burst out in Laughter.

Hey guyss so we have reached the end of this chapter. Sorry if the update is coming in late exams are around the corner so I have to start studying but I will try my best to update for you guysss. If you have any suggestions leave them in the comment, and you can also hmu on social media💝🌝📩

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE,COMMENT,AND SHARE thxx💖💖💖

What do you think Tobias is going to do and did u expect the whole magic thing. suggestions, suggestions, suggestions✌✌💟💜

~R.L