Chapter -10 Doesn't

Kayla's pov

"When that's over, you will accompany me to a ball". he dropped his pen looking straight at me.

"Do I make you feel uncomfortable,.... Kayla" he picked up a lit tobacco.

I looked right back at him "No you don't". His lips lift to form a cockish smirk.

"While we are at the ball, don't speak to anyone, don't dance with anyone except I give you the go ahead". He got up, my eyes trailed his every move landing on the table filled with different whiskey bottles. I wondered where the bottles of red wine were seeing that his cup was filled with it.

I moved it to the back of my mind it wasn't as important as going to a freaking ball.

He poured himself a glass and went back to his seat. There was a knock on the door.

"Come in".

A maid walked in saying a lady named Anna was here to see him , he told her to let her in. The doors creaked open to reveal a pretty lady in a grey body hugging dress, doing justice to her figure, black stilettoes and white fur coat.

"Atticus Saint Collins dashing as always" the lady said smiling with her nude coated lips.

He put the tobacco down "Anna always dressed to impress".

"Come on, where's my hug. I didn't come all this way to be met by your mean and cold demeanor".

Wait a minute who's Atticus ? . She walked over to Tobias's table not before taking a look at me from head to toe.

"This must be my new project, now I understand why you called me. She's a mess".

I felt quite taken aback by her words. She didn't introduce herself but thought she had the right to assess me like that, and rudely refer to me as some sort of PROJECT!!.

She leaned at the edge of Tobias's table taking a smoke from his tobacco. I'm genuinely confused, she acts so freely around him than others. She isn't even scared or nervous.

"But not to worry, Anna to the rescue the next time you see her she will leave you speechless".

Tobias brought out a black card from his wallet handing it to me.

"Buy whatever you want". I couldn't believe what was in front of me a black American Express card. I had only heard of it and probably seen it online but it was in front of me and I was going shopping with it.

Sometime passed before I realized I had my mouth open. Compose yourself Kayla I said to myself before anyone in the room caught me ogling the card.

"Anna I believe this is where you work your magic don't disappoint me" he said taking his tobacco from her

"Come along, little project we have work to do".