07

Johnny got out of the car, throwing his cigarette butt down on the road.

Jaeho smiled at him through the window and opened the back car door himself, hopping out onto the ground.

"Why we going to your house?" Jaeho asked.

"Well, your mommy has to work today. Is it okay if you have a sleepover with me?"

Jaeho gave him a wide smile and held him arms up to be carried, "Uncle Johnny sleepover!"

Johnny felt happiness like no other, the kind he could only feel when he was with his nephew. Over the past few years, this child had basically become his own; he took care of him more often than even his mother.

Taking his only day off for the month that he was allowed suddenly seemed worth it when he saw Jaeho's smile.

He carried the toddler up the staircase to the second floor, where his apartment was. Jaeho requested to be put down when Johnny's door was in sight.

"Johnny, Johnny! Can I do it this time?" He asked.

Johnny softened and gave him the key so Jaeho could unlock the door.

He watched Jaeho's aura get brighter upon seeing the familiar house. The child ran and jumped around, sitting on every piece of furniture there (which honestly wasn't that much).

The uncle sat down on the couch next to Jaeho, who was slowly but surely winding down his excitement. He suddenly remembered who sat on that very couch just an hour before, the small, beautiful little boy named Chittaphon that made his heart feel funny.

He looked down at Jaeho and sighed; as much as he didn't want to let the boy inhale the secondhand smoke, Johnny needed a cigarette. He would've gone outside, but he still needed to watch Jaeho.

Jaeho watched in awe as Johnny cupped the lighter and cigarette in his hand.

"What's that?" He asked.

Johnny pulled the cigarette out of his mouth. "What, this? You've seen it before, silly."

"Not the smoker, what is behind you?"

He turned around to find a vest folded up and neatly laid out on the side table. From the looks of it, it wasn't his.

He mentally facepalmed. How could he let Ten leave something of his over here? He decided to keep it in its place.

"Oh, my friend had a sleepover last night too. He must have left his clothes," Johnny answered to escape from Jaeho's curiousity trap.

"Lucky, you can have sleepovers all the time, can't you? Mommy says I can only have ones with Uncle Youngho."

Johnny chuckled. "Well, she's right. You can start having more sleepovers when you get older. The only problem is, there's a certain age when no one really wants to have a sleepover with you."

"Who doesn't want to have sleepovers? They must be stupid!" Jaeho exclaimed, catching Johnny off guard.

"Hey hey, don't call people stupid unless you're sure it's true. Some people just don't like sleepovers."

Jaeho sat back, genuinely surprised. "I didn't know you had friends to have sleepovers with, Uncle Johnny."

Johnny acted offended. But really, it was true. He didn't have friends. The only reason why Ten stayed the night was because he was painfully drunk.

The realization hit him like a bullet, but the wound it left was far deeper than any gun could be responsible for.

————

Ten got ready for work after hours of laying on his bed.

He decided to take some time to look for his car keys so he didn't have to walk home in the horrid weather. He wore his work clothes to the club so he didn't have to change right when he got there.

Upon parking in his spot, he saw his boss standing on the outside wall in front of him.

He got out of the car and rushed under the awning, bowing to him.

"Oh, good evening Chittaphon. Did you have fun last night?" His boss asked.

Ten went completely red. Did he know that Johnny brought him home.?

"O-oh, um...not exactly, I just drank way too much—"

"Well, I'm glad to have you here again. You were really amazing last night, you know. Would you want to take up another job?"

Ten shook his head frantically, causing his boss to laugh.

"Alright, alright. But you really were incredible. So many people complimented you. You got us twice the amount of cash that the girls usually get!" He exclaimed.

Ten bit his lip. "I'll go in now, sir."

His boss nodded to him and left him to go on his way.

The first thing Ten did upon walking inside the club was look for Yuta. He found him already dressed and at the bar. Ten came up behind him.

"Hey, hyung."

Yuta chuckled. "Hey, where the heck did you go? You didn't walk out with me."

Ten sighed. "It's a long story.

"You can spare me the details."

Yuta then turned around to walk down the line of alcohol behind him. Ten watched as he did so, slightly cocking his head to the side.

"Isn't that the new hire's job, though?"

Yuta turned to him for a brief second. "Yeah, what about it?"

They continued to speak as Yuta frantically shuffled around. "Why is he not helping you?"

"He called in sick today."

Ten paused for a moment. Was Johnny really sick?

He had to admit that he was a little disappointed. When he was with Johnny, he enjoyed his time. The older male was just so friendly and nice to be around, and not to mention, dashingly handsome.

He pouted and began to walk away, spotting a full table of four customers. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out his notepad and got to work with hope that he would get some commission.

————

"Uncle Johnny, it smells funny in here!"

————————

omg

I know this took forever don't kill me haha

But school's out now so maybe I'll update more often

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Have a nice day/night!💕💓❤️