09

Ten bit his lip and stared back at him until he heard a high-pitched, tiny voice from the apartment.

"Who is it, Uncle Johnny?" The voice said.

Ten tried to peer beyond Johnny, but the male was too tall and his shoulders were too wide and him to be able to see anything.

"H-hi..." Ten muttered.

From under Johnny's arm emerged a small boy, a toddler, with big brown eyes that stared up at Ten.

"Who is this, Johnny?" The boy asked.

Johnny leaned down to pick the toddler up and rest him on his hip. "He's my friend who had the sleepover," he whispered.

The kid nodded and turned back to Ten, studying him in some way.

"You're here for the vest, right?" Johnny asked.

Ten snapped out of his trance and nodded slightly.

Johnny gestured inside his apartment. "Come in, come in."

Ten did as Johnny suggested, although bashfully. When he walked in, Johnny set the toddler down and let him go back to the kitchen table, where they were previously eating kimbap.

He sat down awkwardly on the couch and waited for Johnny. The latter returned soon with the vest in one hand and a mug in another. Ten was handed both. Looking in the mug, he saw there was just water, so he figured it was safe to drink.

Johnny smiled to himself as he watched the boy take small sips from the cup. Two adorable sweater paws held onto it tightly.

"You wanna stay for a while?" Johnny asked.

Ten almost coughed up his drink. He wasn't personally offended by or against what the male suggested, but he certainly wasn't expecting it. Timidly, he gave him his honest answer.

"Y-yeah..."

Johnny smiled at the blush that creeped onto Ten's face. It was cute.

"Wanna stay the night again?" Johnny said deeply in his ear.

The words sent shivers down Ten's spine. Who knew this guy was so good at flirting?

Ten stuttered, "U-uh well, I have my own place so there's really no need..."

Johnny laughed to himself and sat down next to Ten. From behind him, the child ran and jumped up on his back, holding onto Johnny by his neck.

"Hey, get down, it's hard to breathe," Johnny complained.

The boy did as he was told and sat on Johnny's lap.

"Oh, Chittaphon, this is my nephew, Jaeho," the older male announced proudly. "Jaeho, go say hello to Mr. Chittaphon."

Jaeho obeyed and held a tiny hand out in front of Ten. "Hi, Mr. Chittaphon!" As he spoke, he displayed a toothy grin accompanied by a small giggle.

"Hello," Ten responded simply, knowing very well that he was not good with children in the slightest.

He leaned over Jaeho to whisper in Johnny's ear, "It's so late, why isn't he asleep yet?"

Johnny only gave him a shrug in response. "Jaeho, why don't you go lay down in my bed," he suggested, having already changed the sheets and done everything in his power to rid of the lingering stench of alcohol.

Jaeho pouted. "I don't wanna go!"

"Come on, Mommy will be home to get you soon. Would you rather fall asleep here or in a car?"