"Chapter 12~Broken Promises."

S1 episode 11: Scarecrow

They wasted no time getting everything packed for the road and while Ella was fast asleep in the back as Sam drove the Impala down the road, Dean read off the names that their Dad had given them earlier.

Sam tried his best to focus on the case but, ultimately he couldn't he was able to track where Dad was calling from and was ready to go and meet him there especially if the demon was there, Sam knew that their Dad was going to need backup.

Sam ended up pulling off to the side of the road and the gravel caused the car to bump the car which woke Ella up. She rubbed her eyes only to witness her Dad and Uncle once again arguing.

Ella covered her ears as she tried to block out the two fighting whether they should go after their father or not.

"I don't understand the blind faith you have in the man." Sam voices

"It's called being a good son!" Dean snaps making Ella jump

Sam glares at his brother before getting out of his vehicle slamming the door behind him. Dean follows his brother as he gets his things out of the trunk. Ella just sits there as she looks back and forth between her Dad and Uncle.

She didn't want her Uncle to leave even after what went down the other day. She knew that he would never intentionally try and hurt her or her Dad on purpose. She got out of the car and ran towards her Uncle.

"Ella!" Dean called after her as she hugged her Uncle.

"You promised you wouldn't leave," Ella cried

"It's only temporary alright," Sam voiced not even sure if he believed the words himself.

"Y-you pinky p-promised," Ella sniffles before she's picked up by her Dad.

"Daddy! I don't want Uncle Moose to leave," Ella cried

It broke Dean's heart and Sam's that they couldn't just of worked out things out for Ella's sake but, it was the middle of the night and both of them were too mad at each other to do anything reasonable.

Ella cried for a while till she eventually fell back asleep and by then Dean was pulling into a small town in Burkittsville, Indiana. He looked back at his daughter as she still had tear stains on her cheeks. 

He didn't have the heart to wake her up and he was only walking across the street to talk to some of the locals so he could at least see her from where he was standing.

Before he got out of the car he flipped his phone and apart of him was tempted to call his brother but, decided not to and got out of the car. He talked to a guy named Scotty to see if he had seen any of the missing people that he played off to be his friends.

He was very dismissive about the missing people and voiced that they don't get many strangers coming through. He talked to a few of the other locals, and was able to get pointed in the same direction that the couple did a year ago before they went missing. 

As Dean was driving down the road Ella was looking out the window looking at the passing trees.

She hasn't said much since Sam left but, Dean was able to get her to smile a little every once and a while. As Dean speed down the road, his EMF meter was going off in his duffel bag. He looked behind him for a second before focusing on the road.

He tried to reach back and grab it and even though Ella offered he didn't want her to poke herself with something sharp in there. Dean ended up pulling over and pulled the EMF meter out of his duffel bag.

It was still going off and he decided to go take a look. "Come on, bean" Dean voiced He didn't want to take her but, what choice did he have his brother wasn't around to watch her.