"Chapter 5~Phantom Traveler."

Ella's POV
We've been bouncing from town to town case to case. We've been doing this for the past couple of weeks in hope to find grandpa who will be able to find the thing that killed not only my mom but their mom.

So today isn't exactly how I planned it to go. Ever since I woke up I wasn't in the best mood. Daddy wasn't having it because I was being moody and rude for most of the morning and now I can't watch Scooby Doo.

"Ella Winchester we do not throw things and call people names," Daddy scolded

I called him a poopy head. That's not as bad as what I've heard him say. But the last thing I wanted was to be was in timeout.

"But Daddy," I pouted as he put me in a corner.

"You shouldn't have thrown your shoe at me and call me a poopy head," Dad responds

"Uncle Sammy," I begged as he looked up from his computer

"Hey, turn back around, and no talking," Dad voiced

I hated being in trouble but it wasn't fair that they could do what they want and I can't. After five minutes I was free.

"Ella come here," Dad voiced

Daddy kneeled down to my height as he wiped the tears from my eyes. I hugged him with my arms wrapped around him

"I'm s-sorry," I cried

"You're good bean," Daddy picked me up as I rested my head on his shoulder. I guess I was just tired because after a few minutes I was out.

*********

For most of the day, they were gone after getting a call about another case. I was working on my homework when there was a knock on the door.

I knew it couldn't have been them since they just left so I decided to ignore it waiting to see if they'll just go away. After a few minutes, it was followed by silence until it was replaced with loud banging.

I jumped and quickly became scared but then there was silence once again. I went to the door and cracked it but no one was there.

Once I closed I turned and there was a man behind me. He covered my mouth and his eyes were yellow.

I could feel my heart pounding against my chest as he just stared at me with a wicked smile.

"He'll be very pleased with your progress," He said

"I can understand his hesitation to use another Winchester but this is far better than anyone could have expected," He says

I look at the man confused but most of all terrified but then he vanished. I just stood there confused about what just happened and even if I should call my Dad.

What would I tell him? More importantly, what did he mean about my progress?

My schoolwork? I don't understand. Maybe I was imagining things.

************
No One's POV

"She should have died the moment that the demon blood was injected into her,"

"She must be terminated before she brings this whole world to ruin,"

"If it were that simple this isn't just any ordinary child, she's a Winchester, she could be the answer we've all been looking for,"

"Or will be our downfall, Ella Winchester must be killed,"

****************

Dean's POV
I'm telling you once I think I got this parenting thing down that kid makes me more confused. She went from moody all morning to now she doesn't want me to leave her sight.

She's probably just freaked out with all that's been going on the past few weeks. We had just wrapped up the case dealing with a demon going after passengers on a plane.

We were able to stop the demon and were just getting back. We got back late so I was surprised to see her up. I know she would usually try to stay up but end up falling asleep.

Sammy actually went to sleep before me as I was trying to get Ella to go to sleep.

"Come on bean, what's wrong?" I asked but she only shrugged holding onto her stuffed bunny her I gave her for her birthday.

She looked up at me and I could tell something scared her. I got in the bed as she scooted next to me resting her head on my chest.

I wrapped my arm around her hoping that she'll go to sleep otherwise I know I'll have a repeat of this morning. I place a kiss on her forehead, hoping that she'll calm down and get some sleep.

It's not easy being her age in this life and it's not like I could send her anywhere because we don't know what that thing is that killed mom is up to these days.

The only thing that we could do was protect her and find Dad. After that, we'll figure everything else out.

One thing is for sure I'll protect this kid with my life. I owe her that and much more.

To be continued.