"Chapter 41~Changes."

Ella's POV
I couldn't decide on something and it was bothering me.

Frosted Flakes or Captain Crunch?

Uncle Sammy says they're both bad for you but he's just being a health nut. I was bored out of my mind as those two have decided to act like a married couple and split the Bunker.

Not literally but, jeez they won't even interact with each other unless I'm in there so I don't feel uncomfortable but, I know they're still upset.

I on the other hand have been a complete angel.

Literally and figuratively.

Today is the most normal interaction between the two so there is an improvement.

Maybe they should go to counseling.

The thought makes me laugh honestly.

They want me to go on a hunt with them tomorrow and it's felt like a century since I've been able to come with them.

Yeah, I wish. Nah, they're concerned that I'm not getting, I don't know, sunlight.

Rather be back home than in a motel with weird stains on the sheets.

Ugh. The thought is actually making me sick.

But, there is something going on with my Dad. Ever since my Dad left that night when he came back he just seems to act different. There was one time that I caught this strange mark on his arm. I haven't seen it since because when are my Dad and Uncle not wearing flannels.

He seems more irritable especially when Abbadon is mentioned.

Finding the first blade is definitely at top priority. I wish I could help but anytime I'm involved they try to keep serious hunting talk to a minimum.

I mean, I'm not mad about it, we get to do fun things. Friday is movie night and I beat my Dad in rock, paper, scissors so we're watching Lord of the Rings.

Uncle Sammy got me back in school which I start next week. I've been bumped back to eight grade and I'm glad because who wants to be twelve in high school.

Yeah, no thanks. 

I'd rather stay with them but things are definitely not what they use to be.

It was 8:30 and I headed to the kitchen to get breakfast.

"Morning kiddo," Dad voiced placing a kiss on my head.

He helped me grab the Frosted Flakes box as I thanked him. I poured me a bowl and some milk before joining him at the table.

"Sleep well?" He asked as I nodded already happy by the taste of my Frosted Flakes.

"Dad?" I asked as he looked up from his phone.

"Do remember a note from my mom that night my house caught fire?" I asked

"Not that I recall," He answers

"Oh," I voiced still confused why my mom would go through all the trouble of burning her own house down.

"What made you ask that?" Dad asked

"My mom mentioned it," I voiced

"You haven't talk about being with her, you sure you don't want to talk about?" Dad asked

I wasn't sure if I was ready because of how sad it makes me. What did I do for her to hate me so much?