Inhale...Exhale...

"Ro," a voice sounded, followed by silence. "Ro! Wake up," I felt someone shaking my body, but I couldn't wake up.

   Another voice spoke, "What's wrong? What's happening?"

   "She's having another nightmare," the first person replied.

   I awake violently to the sounds of my own screaming, and I wipe my forehead free of sweat. I heave breathlessly and wipe my cheeks with the back of my hoodie sleeve.

   "Ro?" I glance up at the two members standing before me. The one that addressed me walked closer and sat down on the floor beside me and pulled me into a side hug. I rested my head on his shoulder and sniffled, recalling the night terror I just had.

   I refrain from closing my eyes, afraid the dream will continue. The other member speaks up, "I'm going back to sleep. Good luck, Rowan, get some rest you two. See you in the morning."

   "Goodnight Seungmin," the latter replied. I look up confusedly at the blonde,  "Wait what time is it?" He checked his phone before answering, "A couple of hours before daylight. Are you okay?"

   "Yeah... But I don't think I'll be able to go back to sleep."

   "I'll stay with you until you do."

   "Chan, you don't have to do that. I'm just being a baby. I need to learn how to handle this and stop worrying so much." He quickly shut me up by shaking his head, sighing as he did so.

   "Rowan, you're not being a baby. What you're going through and have experienced is rough; it's only normal to expect nightmares as frequent as you do. Don't push them aside, okay?" He rubs the top of my head before slinging his arm back around my shoulder and stroking slow, smooth circles on my arm to comfort me. "Do you want to talk about it?"

   I shake my head softly, positioning myself to where I'm laying curled up with my head resting on Chan's lap. He continues to stroke my hair. I still refuse to close my eyes even though they burn, and Chan can see that.

   "You need to sleep," his quiet voice echoes through my ears. I hum but continue to stare at the door in front of us.

   "Ro, please," he sighs. I turn my head to look up at him, tears brimming my eyes. His gaze softens more than it already was and he whispers soothingly, "Don't cry. You can go to sleep, and I'll be right here if you have another nightmare. Does that sound good?" He hesitates before rubbing his thumb across my cheek to catch a tear that slipped.

   "I'm scared..." I let out in barely a whisper.

   He closes his eyes for a short second and opens them again, looking back down at me. "I'm here for you," his words come out in soft breaths. He picks up my head carefully before laying down himself, placing my head back down onto his stomach as I rest horizontal to him.

   My head rises and falls to the rhythm of his breathing, it weirdly enough calming me down.

   "Chan," I call, unsure if I even said anything at all.

   He replies just as quiet, "Yeah?"

   "Thanks..."

   Chan smiles warmly at me as I close my eyes without any worries this time. I inhale and exhale slowly, matching my breaths with Chan's as I drift off into slumber.

*A/N
Small filler chapter. Let me know what you guys think so far :) More action coming soon!