Decisions

back to present.

Woojin enters the kitchen and stares at the two of us, Hyunjin soaking wet and me struggling within his grasp. "Hyunjin, what are you doing?"

"Ask her! She spit water in my face," he turned me around to face Woojin and squished my cheeks from behind, "she's the culprit!"

Woojin rolls his eyes, "Yeah and pigs can fly. You must have had done something to make her mad, right," he questioned the boy.

I begin to answer when Hyunjin covers my mouth with his hand, "No, of course I didn't! She's just rude," he says as he glances down at me with an evil smirk. I glare back up at him and lick his hand, causing him to release me.

I laugh victoriously and run around the kitchen with Hyunjin chasing after me yelling like a mad-man. Woojin speaks up, "Well I came in here to say that we're about to leave. Make sure you get ready," and he leaves without another word.

"You heard him. Go get ready," I order from the opposite side of the table.

"If I go, you go," he counters.

"Deal. On three," I agree.

"One... two..." he begins.

"Three!" We both shout and I sprint back to my room with Hyunjin on my heels, heading to his room.

Or so I assumed.

I slammed open the door and skidded to a stop once I entered, followed by getting knocked off my feet right after. "What the heck, Hyunjin? What are you doing?"

He chuckled and got off of me, standing up and helping me to my feet, "Payback."

I roll my eyes and flick him on the forehead, "Alright dude, go pack."

"Yes, Your Highness," he bows and exits the room.

I chuckle and begin packing my essentials and anything else I thought I might need along our journey. Practically everything if I'm being honest; we didn't have much in the first place so it wasn't difficult if we wanted to bring every single item we owned. Which is what we usually did.

After I finish gathering my belongings, I head out of my room into the main area of which we all gather to hold meetings. The only member missing was Jisung, but we all knew where he was.

Each morning and each night, he wrote to his family but always kept the letters with him, planning to give them to them once they're rescued. Like me, his parents were also captured. He was the third person I met.

day five of escaping

"Do you even know where you're going," Hyunjin questioned as he begrudgingly followed me and the younger boy.

"Actually, no. But if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them," I turn and snap slightly. I stop and cover my face with my hand, dragging it downward while sighing, "Sorry. I'm just really tired and annoyed. I didn't mean to get mad at you."

He smiled genuinely, "It's alright. We all need a break, so let's just find somewhere to rest for a bit then we'll get back on our feet and try to find a store or something. Okay?"

Jeongin chimed in, "Yeah, Rowan. We can't get anywhere while we're all this exhausted."

I gave in, "Alright. Let's keep walking a little and find somewhere safe to rest."

We continued dragging our feet along the dusty ground when a sudden scream stopped us in our tracks. I glance at the boys then towards the direction the sound came from, "Did that sound close?"

They nodded quietly before stealing glances at each other then me. I sigh for the umpteenth time and shake my head, "It's too risky. Let's keep walking."

Jeongin gasped, "What? What if they're still alive? We can't leave them to die!"

I look back undecidedly then back at Jeongin, "Fine, but we need to be really careful. The reason they screamed was most likely because those creatures are after them."

Our trio made our way towards the danger. As always. Since the first scream, it was quiet, but we continued to search for a body or any blood; any sign of someone in need of help.