Getting Along

day seven of escaping (con.)

"Alright alright, I won't thank you anymore," I grin as I give up trying to express my gratitude towards Chan.

"Good," he smiles, while at the same moment, Felix pops up out of nowhere and slings both of his arms around our shoulders.

"How's it going, guys?"

I chuckle and turn towards him, "We're just talking. Care to join?"

He grins, "Sure. Whatcha guys talking about?"

I answer while turning my head back to face the front, "Everyone's ages and how Woojin is the oldest. Nothing too spectacular."

He makes an 'o' with his mouth and pauses before speaking again, "Well, I'm eighteen." I nod in understanding and keep walking before he talks once more, "Chan, whose backpack is that?"

I cough in embarrassment and turn away from both of the boys but remain walking next to them, Felix dropping his arms by his sides. Chan replies, "It's Rowan's. It looked heavy so I offered to carry it for her." Felix 'ooh'd' and smirked at Chan.

I scoff, "More like ordered me to give it to you."

He nudges me with his shoulder, "But you appreciate it, right," he says with a stupid smile on his face.

I stick out my tongue and speed up past him. Felix looked over at Chan, "What's with her?"

Chan shrugs but keeps his smile and jogs up next to me once again. I frown and continue marching on, ignoring his presence. He flicks me on the forehead, "Am I really that bad?"

I turn to him with a faked hurt expression, planting my hand dramatically over my chest, "How dare you?"

His grin gets wider as his rubs the top of my head again, messing up my hair. I screech and flail my arms around in attempt to smack his hand away, but it only makes matters worse. Both of his hands are now on my head, sweeping my hair all over the place with me trying to run away from him.

While caught up in his antics, I manage to trip over a rock and fall, twisting my ankle in the process. "Crap," I mutter and try to stand up, immediately thumping back down to the ground.

"Hey hey, stay there, don't try to get up," Chan calls as he squats down to look at my injured foot. He sighs and grabs a water bottle from his own bag, pulling my leg up towards his body and gently holds it while he pours some water on the scrapes I earned from my fall. "Sorry," he says as he pats the wound gently with an extra shirt he brought along.

"Huh? For what?"

He looks up for a second before examining my foot, "I shouldn't have been goofing around, it's my fault you fell. Stand up," he orders gently while holding my hand to help me up.

I huff as I stand, keeping my injured foot barely off the ground and I hold onto Chan's shoulder as I try to keep my balance. He slips his hand around my waist to help with staying up, glancing at me to make sure I was comfortable. I look over at him and smile, "Than- Ah, I mean, I appreciate you helping me."

He chuckles, "No worries. Let's wait here for the others to catch up."

I nod and turn around, watching the silhouettes of our other members walking towards the two of us. Felix had gone back to the group while we were messing around and in the distance I could make him out bothering Changbin with Hyunjin walking with his arm around Jeongin's shoulders, and Woojin and Jisung watching their surroundings.

"We really look like a family, huh," Chan speaks aloud. I nod with a smile. He seems like a good leader...