Friendly Fights

day thirty-seven (current day)

I awake slowly, blinking rapidly as my squinted eyes take in my surroundings. I can't fully register everything that's happening due to a heartbeat lulling me back to sleep. I am on the edge of falling back into dreamland when something under me stirs.

I continue to lay there, wanting nothing more than to get some more shut eye. However, the figure of which my head was resting on top of got up carefully and placed a pillow under my head in its place. They quietly leave the room and shut the door behind them.

Not only until then do I fully awake and search the spot I was sleeping in. I sit up and rub my eyes sleepily, yawning as I try to wake myself up completely. Standing up, my hoodie hangs mid-thigh right above the bottom of my shorts, and I make my way out of the room.

As soon as I step out, I nearly bump into Hyunjin, "Ah, sorry!"

He simply grins and pinches my left cheek, "How was your sleep?"

I stare absurdly at him for a few seconds before questioning, "Huh? Okay, I guess... I had a nightmare but I fell back asleep eventually."

"That's what I mean. I heard you slept with Chan," He smirks.

I furrow my eyebrows, "It's not like that. He just comforted me until I fell asleep. Nothing happened."

He raises an eyebrow, not quite believing me, "Are you complaining about that?"

I scoff and brush past him, bumping my shoulder into his on purpose.

"You know I was just joking, Ro! Hold up!"

I flip him off with my back to him and continue walking until I reach the kitchen.

Hyunjin catches up to me and places a hand on my shoulder, "Rowan, I was kidding. I'm sorry if I made you upset." I put down the water bottle I was drinking from and turn slowly to face him. I stay silent and simply gaze at him with piercing eyes.

His eyebrows knit together, "So, do you forgive me?"

Silence.

"Ro?"

Water shoots out of my mouth, him screaming and covering his face with his hands as I spit the liquid at him. "Forgiven," I say with a sarcastic grin.

He gasps and looks back up at me with water dripping from his chin, "You're so dead."

I cock an eyebrow and tilt my head, "Bold of you to assume I don't wish death upon myself."

He groans in annoyance and takes me by the shoulders, spinning me around to where my back is facing him and wipes his face in my shirt. I squirm under his touch and screech, occasionally letting a giggle slip from my mouth.

It may not seem like it, but Hyunjin and I are actually one of the closest pairs in our group. He was the second member I met along our journey.

*A/N
I'm sorry this is taking so long to pick up, but I promise it will soon! Just hang with me :)