Chapter 24

Snape replied "No thanks, my magic is like this because I am a Death Eater. It's the Dark Lord's power that makes my magic not the strongest." Merlin understood but said"If you didn't have the block you would be able to see my portrait right away and understand more about your Creature. You wouldn't have to ask Poppy what's so important about the Jackal and Sphinx." Snape was quite shocked at that statement, he asked "Were you in the medical wing when my Creature revealed himself?" Merlin nodded and said "I have been in this school for a very long time." Snape wondered and asked "Why do you want my magic unblocked?" Merlin went guilty and replied "Well, since you are a Sphinx, you can find my mate portrait Arthur. You see I used my magic and turned his paintings into a magical picture, so even in death me and him can still be together. Since you're a Sphinx you can find him." Snape was moved by this sentence and said "I can't remove my mark, only The Dark Lord can." Merlin was disappointed and asked "Maybe in the future you would be able to follow my request?" Snape said "Yeah I will keep that question in mind." Everyone went to their normal class and had lunch and a big dinner. Then Dumbledore made an announcement "The third task is going to start right now." Dumbledore magically took all the staff and pupils to a big maze. Everyone was impressed. Moody was shocked and thought "Maybe this Headmaster is stronger than I thought he is."
Dumbledore said "We are at the maze and it's magical. Not everything appears to be the same. You four contestants will go into the maze and receive the cup and bring it back to the start."
Harry went inside and looked around. It was super creepy, he used the spell Lumus so he could wonder around. He didn't like it one bit and he remembered his dream he had been trying to hide all term. Then he found the cup and so did Cedric and they both disappeared and ended up in a graveyard.

Cedric asked "Where are we?" Harry said "I have a funny feeling." Cedric looked at the cup and said "Harry this isn't the real cup, it's a Portkey. I learned about them this year in term." Harry looked around and saw a caldron and lots of potions and then saw a gravestone. It said here lies Tom Marvelo Riddle Sr. Harry said " We need to get out of here Cedric, run." Cedric ran towards the cup and waited for Harry. Harry then heard a voice saying kill the spare, then suddenly a green light hit Cedric and killed him dead while another magic tied Harry to another gravestone. Wormtail appeared "Pleasure seeing you Potter, you are going to help me bring back the Dark Lord." Then Wormtail started throwing potions in the caldron and old bones and his own hand then wandered up to Harry and took some blood. Then before Wormtail's and Harry's eyes the Dark Lord was reborn.