Chapter 40

Harry started his new term, Dumbledore said to him "Get to know Slughorn and his new wife, I am curious about her." Harry replied "Okay I will plus I want more information. Should I ask Severus to get to know Geraldine and ask questions?" Dumbledore replied "Great idea. " Harry  left Dumbledore's office and headed to class. He went inside and saw everyone sitting next to a Slytherin and the only place was beside Draco. Harry thought "Ugh seriously okay." He sat on a chair next to Draco. Professor Slughorn said "This is my wife Geraldine, she's going to be helping you out in class." Hermione was curious about her and wondered if she is muggleborn like her. She raised her hand and asked "Geraldine, are you muggleborn?" Geraldine replied "Yes, I am but I don't see the different in people types of blood, full blood, halfblood and muggleborn are all the same to me." Hermione was pleasantly surprised by the answer. Professor Slughorn said "We are making a cold and flu potion today." Harry was confident on making this potion. Draco was even more confident. Hermione was excited that Harry was busy making the ingredient then he raise his hand and said "Sir the first ingredient in the first row and first ingredient in the second row putting those together would be explosive." Professor Slughorn said "Well done Harry." Draco huffed and said "You only got that right because your husband was a potion teacher." Harry said "Well I can't help it plus I do pay attention." Draco said "Well one ingredient is missing to stop it being explosive." Professor Slughorn said "Well done Draco, Okay I reward twenty five points to each house of missing the ingredients on the board." Geraldine wondered over and asked "What did Draco mean that your husband is a potion teacher?" Harry said "Oh yeah I didn't realise that you didn't know that I am married to Severus Snape." Geraldine was shocked. Then all students finished their potion and left the classroom. Geraldine wandered over to her husband Horace and  asked "You didn't tell me that Harry married Severus Snape?"

Horace said "Yeah he found that out when he was also related to Merlin." Geraldine shouted "WHAT! When did this happen?" Horace said "Last year you really need to listen to conversations in the staff room, you get all the details."
Harry was walking to his next class, Draco  was walking next to him and asked "Professor Slughorn's wife is interesting, what do you think of her?" Harry replied "Not sure yet, need to get to know her better." Draco went off to lunch. Harry walked to see Snape. He was in the classroom, Harry was at the doorstep and he said "You look lost in thought."  Harry said "I am, I met Professor Slughorn's wife today and there's something about her that makes me want to know more." Snape said "I haven't had the pleasure to meet her yet, I think I will during lunch break." Harry left the classroom and headed to lunch.