Chapter 41

During lunch Snape headed to meet this new teacher. He knocked on the door and Geraldine answered the door. She said "Professor Snape, what a wonderful surprise please come inside." Severus walked inside, sat on a sofa and said "I would like to get to know you that's why I have come to visit." Geraldine said "Well my name is Geraldine Slughorn, we met when he retired from Hogwarts and he was searching for rare ingredients. We found we had lots in common and started a relationship." Severus was intrigued and saw in her mind she was telling the truth and said "Great story, do you have any questions for me?" Geraldine said "Yeah, I do when did you become a creature? and when did you fall in love with Harry Potter?" Severus wasn't surprised she asked that questions and said "When I found out Harry's mum was killed I felt so upset that a Sphinx cat appeared in the mirror. I fell in love with Harry when I found he's a Jackal, my creature couldn't help himself." Geraldine was taken back about when his Creature appeared and touched how much the Creature wanted to find his other half and asked "Did you love Lily is that why your Creature appeared?" Severus said "I liked her as a sister, I guess I wanted to become more protective of their son, that's why my Creature thought why not be it's other half." Geraldine asked "Can I meet the Sphinx?" Severus said "Okay give me a moment." The Severus turned into the Sphinx and he said "Hmm you are Geraldine, I have been wondering." Geraldine was taken back how beautiful the Sphinx was and said "Honored to meet you sir, can I just say you look stunning." The Sphinx said "Pleasures all mine." Then the Sphinx returned to being Severus and he asked "Oh by the way Harry's friend Dudley whose mum is Petunia is also a muggle born student. He is related to Arthur if you wanted to know?" Geraldine tried to act not as shocked as she was supposed to be and said "Interesting, what house did he get into?" Severus said "Ravenclaw, I believe you have Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff next. See you later." Then Severus walked out the door way and headed back to his room.

Geraldine was alone in her room when Horace arrived and asked "Was that Severus that came out of here?" Geraldine nodded and said "Yeah he was just wanted to introduce himself and ask questions and tell me about what's been happening." Horace was curious and asked "Find out any interesting?" Geraldine said "Yeah he became Sphinx because of Harry's mother death and his Sphinx needed to find out a Jackal to fall in love. The most interesting is Petunia's son who is Lily's  sister and called him Dudley, plus he's muggle born and related to Arthur and he's in Ravenclaw." Horace was shocked and replied "Wow he mustn't known that Harry's father is Tom Riddle at the time." Geraldine said "Yeah it's seems though Harry was living at his cousin's house because he didn't know Lily wasn't his true mother." Horace asked "Do you think Severus suspect you are Lily Darling?" Geraldine said "No, he was trying to read my mind and seeing if he could get a reaction finding out about Dudley but I played it cool."

Severus was in his room when Harry knocked on the door and walked inside and asked "How did it go with Geraldine?" Severus replied "Okay, I couldn't get her to flinch or be surprised about us or the fact Dudley a Muggle born." Harry asked "Interesting, wonder how she's going to react that Dudley is just like Lily during potions?'