• chapter twenty-nine •

"Keep your eyes wide open," Captain said to the team. They were in the jet, on their way to Hydra's new base. "I want everyone back here breathing."

   "You got it, Captain."

"Tony, what's your status?" Captain asked through the coms.

   "So far, we're good. However, two guys got away, please don't ask how. They're headed towards the North wing."

"Right. Clint, keep your head up."

"You know I always do, Captain." came Clint's reply.

   "Whoever did the estimation was bloody wrong." Sirius said, everyone was able to hear his heavy breaths through the coms.

"You people said their would be approximately up to sixty-eight people inside of the base. There's like more than seventy."

   "Oh wow, Sirius Black can't handle two more bad guys. I bet Remus is actually doing all of your work." answered James.

   "Hey, why don't you try being down here actually fighting instead of st–"

   "That's enough you too." Captain cut them off. "Nat, you got it?"

   "Yep, I'm heading in."

   "Clint, stay put. Thor, meet up with Clint and Wanda stay in the low ground. Tony start heading to their lab."

"Hi." James said, catching the attention of the enemy. They ran towards him, guns ready to fire, but James sped up and drop their guns, kicking them both in the shin.

"Sorry, just need to do something real quick."

  He grabbed an agent, slamming his head to a scan detection. The light gleamed green, unblocking all doors for the east and west wing.

James walked in to the room, and his eyes widened. So many people, chained up on testing tables. James ran towards the closest and checked his pulse. Nothing.

He did the same for the rest. They were all gone. All dead.

   "Cap, we have a dozen dead bodies up here at the east wing." James spoke into the comm.

   "Experimented?" answered Captain.

   "Yeah. . .but they all seem–"

   "Seem what?" Captain asked.

   "They all seem to be over their late 40s or 50s."

   "What the hell?" Clint said, "They're using old people now? Cap, you should be careful."

  James could hear half of the team laughing.

   "We're forgetting about Thor guys, he's older than Steve." James pointed out.

   "Thank you very much." said Steve, "this is why you're my favorite."

   "Hey, that's rude." Thor said.

   "Yeah, that is rude." Sirius said.

  Before anyone could answer they all heard the same voice.

   "Pietro?" 

  James cussed softly under his breath and turned around slowly. His eyes widened at who he saw standing a few feet away from him.

"Sir." He said in response.

"What are you doing here?" Orion asked, "last time I heard Strucker left you and your sister years ago."