• chapter thirty-one •

Every member of the Avengers plus Fury, Hill, and Coulson watched as James paced around the room frustratedly.

   "James. . .you need to calm down." Remus told him.

  James continued pacing but turned to look at Remus.

   "Calm down? Calm down? Moony, I don't know if you realize but I'm far from being able to calm down."

The team sighed and perked up when they saw Sirius step back into the room.

"We saw and heard everything to the security footage." Steve told Sirius before he could even get a word out.

Sirius sighed and nodded.

"Can. . .can we know about the prophecy?" Bruce asked tentatively.

The three wizards looked at one another, but Remus and Sirius only looked at James with a questionable look.

James nodded.

"Might as well tell you everything. Our world, like any other world has its villains. There was or is, a dark wizard known as Lord Voldemort. His followers are known as Death Eaters, who seek to purify the Wizarding community by eliminating the Muggle-Borns. The Muggle-Borns are wizards or witches who come from families with no magic. There was a seer, one who told our headmaster about a prophecy. . .the prophecy was about a boy born at the end of July who would be the cause of the fall of the Dark Lord. There were two boys born at the end of July, the kid of one of our very good friends, Neville. . .and Harry." James explained.

"But one of Voldemort's most loyal Death Eater heard everything and went to snitch." James hand was in a fist, his knuckles turning white.

Remus sighed sadly and placed a hand on James' shoulder, taking over.

"Once Voldemort found out about the prophecy, his quest was to kill him. He didn't know about Neville, he only knew about Harry. James and Lily were told about the prophecy and what Voldemort was trying to do, so they went into hide out. The Potters had a secret keeper, Peter Pettigrew."

At the mention of the rat's name, everyone noticed how the three wizards stiffened and how Sirius had both hands in tightened fist.

"What we didn't know was that Pettigrew was secretly working for Voldemort."

Everyone in the room mutter a small "oh no." or a "shit."

"The rat ratted them out and Voldemort went to kill Harry." said Sirius, his voice laced with venom.

"I tried holding him off, but I was defenseless. He casted the killing curse but because of Orion using his dark magic to protect me to take me to Hydra's base I was only knocked out. He, however. . ." James' eyes were getting teary but he shook them off. "He got to my wife and you know what happened there."

"He tried killing Harry after." said Sirius, "but it backfired."

Remus nodded, "He didn't know Lily had casted a love protection around him. It was like a shield that was protecting him. Evil wasn't allowed to touch him. Once Voldemort casted the killing curse on Harry it backfired and hit him instead. Harry made it out alive but that scar he has is a reminder of that night."

Steve was the first one to speak up, "but– but if the curse backfired. . .then Voldemort is dead right?"

"I'm afraid not." The new voice startled everyone in the room.

"Professor Dumbledore." Remus said.

"Albus." Fury sent a nod to the long-bearded wizard, who returned it.

"James, I'm a bit surprise to see you alive and well." Dumbledore said to a smiling James.

"What can I say besides it takes more than a killing curse and a dark wizard to kill me?"

Dumbledore chuckled, "I see."

"Don't mind me asking, but why are you here?" Fury asked him.

"I decided to come check up on Mr. Black, Mr. Lupin and Harry. I never really imagined to see James here."

"Sorry, don't you mean Professor Lupin." said Sirius, a smirk on his face.

Remus groaned and rolled his eyes.

"Professor Lupin? I'm sorry, what have I missed?" questioned James.

"Mr. Lupin was the Defense Against the Dark Arts the previous year."

"No way! Moony, why didn't you tell me?"

Remus shrugged, "Never came to my mind."

Dumbledore cleared his throat, "anyone mind enlighten me with what has happened?"

"I see. . ." Dumbledore said, once they finished explaining everything that Orion had told Sirius.

"Orion is correct. Death Eaters do despise muggles and Muggle-Borns but if it's someone with powers, then that can be a new advantage for them."

"Advantage?" said Tony. "Advantage for what?"

"If the Death Eaters and people who were experimented on work together, they can find a way to bring Voldemort back and if war does break out in our world then it'll be easier for them to win." Dumbledore answered.

"Then let's do the only fair thing." said Natasha.

"And what is that?"

"We join you in your war." Clint said.

"We fight in a team. That's what we always do."

~
~
   Two chapters in one day cause I'm feeling hella generous today! (and it's 12 AM and can't go to sleep).
  I hope you're all enjoying the book so far!