25. Betrayal

1019 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own Magic Kaito~ hope you enjoy~~

!!!!!!!
If you are reading this outside of WATTPAD,
FanFiction.Net.net or Archive of Our Own... You are reading plagiarized content. If you are reading on Truyenfun.com, that site is a mirror site of WATTPAD and may give you viruses and MALWARE
(I hope you get malware Truyenfun.com readers it doesn't have my permission to post all of my works)

Note: WATTPAD has most up to date version of this story
!!!!!!!!

★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡
~Yay 3K views~
★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡

"He should be okay for now" Dr.Kalos stated after he had been working on the magician's fever for well over two hours. "I've managed to get him down to a 40 degree fever, I'll give you some of the fever reducers I used" The doctor gave Saguru a small smile as he pulled out a bottle of pills and handed it to him.

"Thank you Dr.Kalos" Saguru breathed, glancing towards Kaito, his heart felt a thousand times lighter than it had been a few hours ago.

'I had seriously thought that Kaito was going to die'

"It's no problem Saguru, helping people is my job" The doctor glanced towards Kaito's wings. "And patient confidentiality is a vital part of my job, I promise to keep your friend's condition a secret" Dr.Kalos gave the blond a firm pat on the shoulder. "That boy is a fighter, most people would have died after their fever reached 50 degrees celsius... Though maybe his physical makeup let him survive? I'm not quite sure... Either way, he seems to be doing better now" Dr.Kalos added.

'Maybe a vet would know more, but one other person knowing is already too many'

"Still, I am very grateful for both your effort and promise of silence" Saguru replied softly.

*

Indigos blinked open slowly, Kaito felt as if he'd run a few marathons. He glanced around and noted that he was back in the medical area of the lab.

'What happened? I was talking on the couch with Saguru...'

"Kaito" Saguru's voice was soft as he swiftly got down to eye level with the magician. "I was so worried about you" The brunette blinked in confusion at the weariness in the blond's voice.

"What happened?" He tried to sit up but failed. "My limbs feel like jelly" Saguru gave him a tired smile.

'He's acting more concerned than before...'

"You collapsed at the table, I had to take you down here to help reduce your fever..." The blond paused, his voice trembling as he though back. "Your fever was too high, you had multiple seizures, I didn't know how to lower it, anything I tried didn't work..." He glanced towards the ground.

'Seizures? That's scary...'

"How am I still alive if you couldn't reduce my fever?" The magician inquired, the facts weren't lining up correctly, he was missing something.

"I'm sorry..." Saguru whispered, clasping Kaito's injured hand in his own, not wanting to disrupt the IV. "I'm so so sorry Kaito..." The magician looked at Saguru in confusion and the blond continued. "I was so scared, you were dying and all I could do was stand there worrying" He closed his eyes. "I called one of my private doctors... I'm so sorry, I didn't want to lose you" He admitted.

'A doctor?.... someone I don't know, knows about my wings?....'

Kaito opened his mouth to yell at the other but paused when he took in the blond's full appearance. He had dried tear tracks covering his face and his eyes had a haunted look, his shoulders were bowed in submission.

'I'd have to be a true bastard to yell at him when he's like this... I'll yell later'

"Saguru" The blond ducked his head at Kaito, voice. "What you did was not okay..." Kaito took in a breath, forcing his body to not tremble. "But I don't blame you, I understand the feeling of not wanting someone you care about to die..." The magician breathed, doing his best to ignore the panic shooting through his chest.

"But I betrayed your trust, it hasn't even been that long and I already broke it!" The detective sighed, he was remembering why he barely had any friends, trust was fragile.

'I need to stay calm, I can't let myself panic....'

"You did it with good intentions" Kaito huffed. "Don't misunderstand, you're going to have to work for my complete trust" The magician added, knowing that it would make the blond feel better if he wasn't completely forgiven right away.

'Having him think he's working for it will reduce how guilty he feels'

"I will do my best Kaito" The blond replied softly, still unable to meet the other's gaze.

"Is the doctor trustworthy?" Kaito questioned, fearing the answer.

"So far in the past he has been, but I didn't want to take any chances. I didn't tell him your name" Kaito nodded at the information, the doctor not knowing his name would buy them some time to fix things.

'I've got to stay calm, everything will be fixed'

"Thank you, I appreciate the effort. But I'd still feel more comfortable not being here, that doctor knows this place. All it would take is one picture on the internet and I'm on the run" Saguru nodded.

"I expected that, once you're stable we could head back to your house? I phoned Nakamori-san to explain your absence, however it turns out that she won a free trip to Hokkaido. She and her father are currently there" Kaito felt his shoulders relax at the mention of Aoko not being around.

"Maybe Lady Luck hasn't completely abandoned me?" Kaito joked, grimacing as he felt a wave of dizziness.

'Calm down... Aoko won't be there'

"The blond frowned at the visible grimace, the brunette seemed to be taking in the information too easily. "Kaito, are you feeling okay? I can't tell if you're acting or not"

"I—" Kaito paused before continuing. "I feel like I'm going to pass out again" Saguru cursed and swiftly felt Kaito's forehead, the teen was already feeling feverish.

"Oh god, please not again!" Saguru whined as he lunged for the thermometer on the side table. He quickly clicked it on and offered it towards Kaito.

The magician raised his hand to take it, it fell limply to his side before he reached it.

*

"Please no..." Saguru gave Kaito's shoulder a little shake, receiving no response.

'Was the fact that I called a doctor too stressful for him?'

"Hakuba-Kun" The blond whirled around in shock, having not expected anyone besides Baaya. When he recognized the intruder he froze.

"Koizumi-san..."

Me: poor Kaito, stressful things keep happening and building up on each other~ he's trying to be strong, but he's just a teenager...

Hope you enjoyed the chappy~ it was fun to write~