93. Chikage

1009 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written January 10 2020
Posted February 7 2020

Calculations made =~= berry wants to put up last chappy on February 15....

Kaito was waiting near the entrance of the once a secret bunker, he'd taken residence near one of the corners with Saguru. He didn't feel comfortable in large open spaces so they'd dragged over some chairs to wait there. It made him feel a little bad that he was glad that his mom had been in an accident, it meant that he hadn't been forgotten by her "It feels weird to think about seeing my mom" The magician breathed. She was his mom, yet at the same time, it just felt like It'd been so long since he'd seen her in person.

'Mom had been gone for four months before everything went crazy... It's been over half a year now'

Saguru gave Kaito's shoulder a reassuring squeeze, he too was no stranger to not seeing one's parents that often "But she called often right?" At Kaito's node he offered a small smile "That shows that she at least cares about you. Not to mention that she's rushing over here despite being injured" That was why they hadn't just stayed in Kaito's assigned room. The magician had wanted to heal his mom as soon as he could.

Indigo glowed, a smile of his own playing on his lips "Yeah, we also video called each other a lot" His mom was a lot more attentive than Shinichi's parents at least. Though the sleuth's parents did sort of set the bar low for comparisons.

'If she didn't care, she wouldn't have done all that...'

A few moments later, the sound of a car's engine met their ears. Kaito stood up, hurrying towards the exit, hesitating a bit before just lingering there. He didn't want to go outside yet.

*

The moment Jii stopped the car Chikage was already opening the door, she wanted to see her son as soon as possible. She moved as quickly as she could with her crutches, letting out a small gasp when she saw him. Kaito looked so thin and pale, and the haunted look in his one visible eye didn't go past her "Oh Kaito!" Tears fell from her eyes as she launched herself at him, hugging him tight.

'Why is his false eye covered? He wouldn't go around with a bandage covering his eye for no reason... What happened?!'

"Mom" The magician's voice was soft as he choked out the word, his vision blurred from tears as he returned the hug. He'd missed her so much, having not even realized the extent until now. Saguru headed into another room, figuring that he shouldn't be intruding on their reunion.

"What happened?" She inquired softly "You barely told me anything over the phone"

Indigo darkened as a weak smile plastered itself onto his face "A lot" He replied softly "But not all of it was bad" His smile became a bit more real "Me and Saguru are dating" His cheeks tinted a faint shade of pink at the admission.

Chikage let out a small squeal, excited for her son "That's amazing!" She hadn't known that Kaito liked guys, but was pleased that he'd found someone that he was interested in, even if it was a detective.

'Only my Kai-chan would go after a detective while still being a thief'

Kaito let out a breath, relieved that his mother had approved. There was no way that he'd ditch Saguru after everything that had happened, so he was glad that he didn't have to ignore his mom. He trusted her, so he didn't think twice about letting his wings out "I also became a white magic user" He was silent for a fearful second, keeping his eyes towards the ground as he waited for her reaction.

She gaped, having not expected to see her son sprout wings "They're real?" She reached out to run her fingers through the ebony feathers, squeaking when Kaito shivered and pulled away a bit. Well that answered her question.

'They felt so smooth and soft'

"They're sensitive when you touch more than the tips" He muttered, blushing. It would have been embarrassing if he got all weird headed around his mother. A soft white glow began to surround his fingertips "I can heal you" He gave her a questioning glance and began to heal her after receiving an intrigued nod.

"That's amazing" She breathed in awe, all of her pain was now gone. She met his gaze "Everything that you've told me so far has been good..." She pursed her lip "But you've implied that not everything had been good..."

Kaito's wings trembled, tucking up neatly against his back. His fingers curled into his palms, gloves preventing blood from being drawn "I'll tell you in my room" He'd spent enough time out of it that he was beginning to feel antsy. In the back of his mind he knew that hiding away in his room wasn't that good for him, but he didn't really care. It had become familiar to him, thus making it feel more safe.

*

Saguru approached the elderly man that had been standing just outside "You must be Konosuke Jii" There weren't many people who were close to Kaito, and he'd heard his boyfriend mention the other.

'Kaito sounded really fond of him, and now that I think about it, he seems familiar'

"Ah, yes I am" Jii replied somewhat nervously, he hadn't known that the young master had been hanging around one of the detectives willingly.

The blond raised a brow "You have no need to be nervous, I know everything about my boyfriend regarding certain things"

Jii paled before realization hit him, causing the elder to splutter "Boyfriend?!"

Saguru grinned, taking no offence to the tone. Kaito had mentioned how protective the man was of him when it came to heists "Everyone here but Nakamori-san knows the truth and have all agreed not to reveal him" While Kaito wouldn't have gotten arrested, the poor magician would have both an angry Aoko and crazy fangirls to deal with. The guy would have to always be on high alert.

"How is the young master?" Jii asked after letting out a relieved breath. He'd stayed back so that Kaito could be alone with his mother.

Me: So Kaito's claimed the room as a safe place... He can't stay there forever...

Hope you enjoyed~

I'm curious, is sewing still taught in school? 0.0

Sewing useful for cheapskate berry who'd rather replace button than shirt XD