91. Ran Meets Kaito

1010 Words excluding (A/N)~ I No own MK/DC~

Written January 4 2020
Posted February 3 2020

Berry has decided that this will get extra update with each new chappy of new book I write

By her calculations, by the time this is done, new book will have decent safety net of chappys

Kaito nodded in understanding "I take it that a blood pact or something would have to be done?" It wouldn't make any sense for the spell to work if the payment wasn't guaranteed. All sorts of exploitation tactics would have already been created by now.

Saguru grimaced at the mention of a blood pact, it just sounded evil despite him knowing better. Literature had really influenced how he initially viewed certain things.

'Since it's Koizumi-san, I doubt that any tricks would be involved. Nakamori-san wouldn't forgive her if she harmed Kaito on purpose'

Akako smirked "You're correct" She replied, eyes glinting "But that can wait a year or so. I'd like for you to be better at healing before I cast the pact" She didn't want to be bedridden for too long "And it'll give me a good amount of time to smooth out the conditions" Blood magic could be finicky, she didn't want to risk potential dangers of not being clear enough in the terms.

Indigo gleamed with excitement "I'm so glad that you're not trying to kill me anymore" He smiled, Akako had been such a big help since this whole mess had begun. He'd probably have died from a fever long ago if it weren't for her, or at the very least he'd still hate his wings.

'I never did notice any of her attempts on his life...'

The witch scoffed, embarrassed by his gratitude "Aoko is a much better partner for me than you'd have been" She swiftly left the room, leaving he two males alone.

"Koizumi-san is weird..." Saguru stated, eyeing the door. He'd never seen her so flustered before, normally the witch was calm.

Kaito gave a small shrug "I don't think that she's used to others truly thanking her" Her spellbound followers didn't count. He blinked when Saguru gently forced his hands to uncurl, having not noticed what he'd been doing.

*

"So Kid's still here?" Ran inquired, her blue gaze unreadable. She hadn't thought about the thief in a while, not since Conan. Sonoko had been oddly kind in not gushing about the thief around her since heists were something that always included Conan. Her friend had just thought that she'd just missed the tiny detective.

'It's hard to believe that Shinichi has been working with that pervert, or that the guy is actually part of the FBI'

Shinichi gave a reluctant nod, unsure if telling her the truth was a good idea or not "Yeah, he's just resting" Azure darkened "Physically he's completely healthy" Though emotionally was another story, it would take time to heal and even then it may not be perfect.

Ran was silent for a few moments before replying "I want to meet him" She wanted to see what kind of guy this Kaito was. Shinichi had apparently dressed up as Kid for him after all, so the guy couldn't be that bad. Especially if she took into consideration how many times Kid had saved people.

'He's saved Shinichi so many times when he was Conan...'

"Okay" Shinichi let out a breath "But please be careful about calling him Kid, there's a girl who looks like you" He paused "She doesn't know that he's Kid, everyone else knows" Ginzo had probably already confronted Kaito judging by how the other had left after their talk.

Ran pursed her lips, so Kid was like Shinichi "I'll keep his secret unless he does something stupid" If Kid was truly a good person, that secret wouldn't be as such for too long now anyways. There was no danger after all.

The sleuth winced, but nodded. At least Kaito didn't have any magic props for a big prank, though he may have snatched a few substitutes. He wouldn't put it past him.

*

Kid, really did have the same face as Shinichi. Ran's gaze softened a bit when she took in the thief's appearance, he looked both worn and on high alert nestled against the blond. She remembered Saguru from a few cases.

'Maybe I should have listened to Shinichi and entered more slowly...'

Kaito nervously bit his lip, Ran wasn't one of his biggest fans. He'd also done a lot to make her want to hit him "Hello Mouri-san?" His voice was soft, but tinged with fear. Why was she here? He shot Shinichi a worried look but the other just looked apologetic. Ran must have bullied the truth out of him.

"I'm not going to hurt you" She stated, having realized how fearful her presence had made him. At least the guy knew that he'd been in the wrong during their brief confrontations. Once some of the tension left Kaito she continued "I just wanted to see what kind of person you were to make Shinichi play the part of a thief"

'Sonoko would be so upset to know that Kid truly looks like Shinichi, she wouldn't be able to make fun of him anymore'

"Kaito is a crazy lunatic" Saguru stated, giving Kaito's hand a squeeze "But a good lunatic" His gaze met hers "He has a good heart" A bleeding heart at that. He pulled out a handkerchief and gave it to Kaito, his lip was bleeding.

The magician scowled, cheeks flushed as he snatched the fabric, wiping the blood away before healing the injury "Not a lunatic, just special" He argued.

Ran giggled "I can already see why he helped" Kaito looked harmless "Shinichi told me that you're in a situation similar to how he was with me regarding Conan" But with this guy it was Kid "As thanks for saving the idiot, I wouldn't mind befriending Aoko-chan" She could help get her used to the idea that not all lies were bad. Sure they hurt, but they could have good intent behind them.

'I sort of feel bad for them, it hurt a lot when I was told the truth'

Kaito gaped, reading between the lines "Thank you" He breathed "But why?" He'd thought that she didn't like him, he didn't save Shinichi to be owed a favour.

"You're not a bad person" Her gaze narrowed "But if you act like a pervert..." She didn't need to voice the rest of her threat.

Me: This was interesting to write~ It's good that Kaito's getting help from others regarding Aoko...

Hope you enjoyed

His Feathers - Magic KaitoOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara