28. Aoko Learns About Her Actions

1003 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own Magic Kaito~

This fanfic has reached over 100 pages as of this chapter~~ (i only know this because i have edited all 34 chapters written without break... i feel like i'm dying...)

!!!!!!!
If you are reading this outside of WATTPAD,
FanFiction.Net.net or Archive of Our Own... You are reading plagiarized content. If you are reading on Truyenfun.com, that site is a mirror site of WATTPAD and may give you viruses and MALWARE
(I hope you get malware Truyenfun.com readers it doesn't have my permission to post all of my works)

Note: WATTPAD has most up to date version of this story
!!!!!!!!

☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡
~Yay 4K views~
☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡

Saguru was relieved, the magician seemed to be in especially high spirits now that his wings weren't going to ruin his life.

'The chance of him getting a dangerously high fever has diminished greatly'

"By the way, the news has been talking about how you haven't returned the last gem" Saguru paused before meeting the magician's gaze. "I don't think the gem is safe enough to return" He admitted, he didn't like theft, but it was the lesser of two evils when he though back on Kaito's panic.

"Ah don't worry, the Shooting Star turned to dust, all I've got to do is create a convincing fake so that Kid's name isn't tarnished" Kaito chirped, relieved that the gem couldn't cause anyone else problems.

'Not everyone knows a witch that can fix magical problems'

*

"Aoko, can I talk to you about Kaito-kun?" Aoko put down her fork in confusion, it wasn't often that her dad spoke to her in such a serious tone.

Ginzo looked his daughter in the eyes, feeling slightly guilty that he'd missed how she'd treated Kaito. "Is it true that you chase Kaito and threaten him with fish?" The inspector asked, not wanting to sound accusatory, people often responded better when not feeling accused.

'I didn't know Kaito-kun had a phobia of fish'

Aoko blinked, tilting her head to the side in confusion, having not expected the odd topic. "Yeah, Aoko chases Bakaito with fish, it's the only way to properly control his antics" She chirped.

Ginzo closed his eyes, suddenly feeling tired. "Aoko" He paused. "Kaito-Kun has a phobia of fish, do you know what that means?" He inquired, hoping like nothing else that she didn't, that his little girl was just as sweet as he remembered.

"It means he's really scared of fish" Aoko replied, feeling confused.

"Kaito-kun, isn't really scared of fish Aoko, he's petrified of them" Ginzo let out a breath. "To him, when you threaten him with a fish, it's the same as holding a knife to his throat" Aoko paled at her father's words.

'Good, she didn't realize how terrible her actions were. Kaito-Kun is like a son to me, I don't know what I'd have done if her actions were purposely harmful...'

"Aoko didn't know..." The girl whispered, tears prickling in the corners of her eyes. "Aoko's been..." She shook her head. "But how? Aoko wants to understand. Why did Chikage-san tell me about his weakness if it was so serious?" Aoko whispered. Ginzo sucked in a breath at his daughter's words.

'First she leaves Kaito-kun to me, then she made a joke of his phobia?'

He'd always felt uneasy about Chikage after Toichi's death, she often felt as if she was there but not. He'd been angry when she left Kaito to him shortly after his death. The boy had needed his only remaining parent. To know that Chikage was the reason why Aoko thought it was okay to make fun of Kaito was a bitter revelation.

"Chikage, wasn't— Isn't a good parent to Kaito-kun" When Aoko opened her mouth to object he shook his head. "She's left him alone most of the time, which wasn't the worst because I was there for him. But to make fun of a phobia which he can't help but have is wrong. Aoko, phobias can be paralyzing, people have died before because a specific phobia prevented them from seeking or accepting help. Sometimes the immediate fear overshadows potential death, not all the time, but sometimes" He finished, giving her a gentle hug when he noticed that she'd started crying.

"Aoko" She hiccuped "Aoko promises to never use fish against Kaito again" She cried, feeling horrified at her past actions. "Kaito is an idiot, but he doesn't deserve being so scared..." She'd thought his fear was mainly from disgust, not something so serious. Ginzo smiled, glad that she understood.

*

"Baaya really makes amazing food" Kaito sighed from his perch on the couch. They'd just finished eating french toast and bacon, apple slices in Kaito's case. Saguru smiled, glad that the brunette liked her cooking.

"If you like her food" He paused looking away. "Maybe you could stay here for some of the summer?" He felt his face warm slightly. "I've not had many friends, so I thought it would be nice" The blond finished.

'Aww he's so adorable when embarrassed!'

"Sure, I've no problem with that. I'd just need to fetch my own clothes and a few other things" Kaito replied with a smirk, he felt grateful for the blond helping him and if all he wanted in return is some friendly time together, he'd do that. The magician he'd learned that Saguru could be nice company.

'Maybe I could make him into less of a stick in the mud, then he can try to get even more friends'

The magician knew that he wasn't a really good choice to have as an only friend. He was in danger way too often and knew that he could die at any heist. It wouldn't be good for Saguru to have too much of a reliance on their friendship alone.

'Maybe I could somehow get him into Kudo's scope, he's been down since he had to make Conan leave for America... Another person to geek out about Holmes with should lighten his mood'

He'd helped with the BO takedown, earning himself a few bullets to the chest and his loss of secret identity to Shinichi and his mad scientist friends. Conan was still around so Kaito had been admitted into the hospital under the name 'Kudo Shinichi'. They weren't friends, but they weren't enemies.

"That's understandable, my clothes are much too big for you" Saguru replied with a smirk, Kaito huffed.

"It's best to not be too tall, it's easy to add some height to disguises, but much harder to take it away" The magician argued, grinning despite his affronted tone to tell the blond that he wasn't serious.

Me: That's the end of this chapter~~

Hopes day of yours was filled with happiness and lack of people trying to kill you~