85. Food

1016 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡
~24k Views~
~3K votes~
★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡

This is my second story to reach 3K votes before being finished >~< so happy~

Written December 5 2019
Posted January 25 2020

Kaito nodded "Good, I really don't want any more tests right now" He'd had more than his fair share of tests for a lifetime.

Gold softened as he watched the younger finish off the smoothie, he was pleased that Kaito hadn't raised that big of a fuss "How do you feel about having others visit you?" He paused "After you're done eating of course" He didn't want to risk Kaito being distracted away from his food.

'I'm actually quite surprised that Nakamori-san didn't try to force her way in here already. Though Koizumi-san may be the one to thank for that'

The magician pursed his lips, stirring his chocolate pudding with a spoon. Aoko could be loud, and he wasn't sure if he could handle that right now. Everything recently has been mostly quiet "I'd like to see them but..." He also didn't want to be yelled at.

Saguru put a comforting hand onto the magician's shoulder "Nakamori-san is aware that she can be loud" He replied softly, it had actually been quite pleasing to learn that she was actually trying to fix that problem of hers "She'll do her best to be more kind to you"

'She knows that Kaito has already been through a lot, and wouldn't want to upset him. Especially after seeing his reaction when he'd first woken up'

Kaito's fingers curled into his bed sheets, suddenly realizing that they'd seen his wings. Wary indigos met gold "What's the story?" Surely he hadn't been outed as Kid to Aoko and Ginzo right? That was something that he could not deal with right now.

The blond flashed a small smile "We told them that you angered a magical creature and got cursed as a result" He nudged the half eaten bowl of pudding, garnering attention towards it "They also assume that Dr.Kalos was the one who caused the Crows to target you" Which was true, but also left out a lot of the important details "They know that you were experimented on, just not the details" He couldn't help but smile when he felt the tenseness in Kaito's shoulders start to fade "As for your involvement with the FBI..." He trailed off, giving the magician an accusing but playful look.

Indigo gleamed as Kaito raised his pudding up in an attempt to hide behind it, a soft smile playing on his lips "My secret got out..." He giggled.

'So he was withholding the information for his own amusement...'

"We wouldn't have been able to rescue you without having the FBI as backup" Saguru breathed, grateful that the magician had created such connections. He didn't even want to think about what would have happened if the FBI hadn't helped. The Crows were too dangerous to take down without help. The rescue wouldn't have gone so smoothly, and may had ended with their deaths. Kaito was lucky.

The pudding was placed down "I'm sorry for worrying you" Kaito replied softly, leaning over to give Saguru a hug "And thank you for saving me" He suppressed a shiver at the thought of what might have happened if he'd been believed to be dead. He really didn't want to think about how he would have probably spent the rest of his life as a test subject.

"I did what I wanted to do" Saguru smirked "Just like a certain someone" He didn't need to be thanked, being with Kaito once more was enough of a reward "Regarding the FBI, they know that you've been working with them, though not the exact details" Thankfully since it was the FBI, it was believable to just state that he couldn't tell them.

'Though now that Kid is gone, I'm quite curious to know what he'd be tasked with'

Kaito let out a breath, that was probably going to be as good as it gets. At least now he had a good excuse for when he needed to do Kid stuff "Hey quick question" He'd been gone for a good while "How's Nakamori-Keibu been holding out since Kid has been missing too?" Surely the guy had to have been on edge right?

Saguru blinked, then remembered that Kaito didn't know what Shinichi had done "Oh, Kudo-kun killed Kid" The magician's jaw dropped, it was hard not to laugh at how shocked Kaito seemed.

"But I need Kid!" How was he supposed to find Pandora without Kid? Sure the Crows may be gone, but it was too dangerous to risk it being found by the wrong person. How could Shinichi do that? The jerk knew how important it was to him!

"Kaito calm down" Saguru scolded, concerned how warmth was beginning to radiate from the other "Kudo-kun has Pandora" He soothed, wrapping his arms around the magician "You don't have to do anything but heal" Shocked indigo met gold "You can destroy it whenever you want"

'He doesn't have to force himself to be better, instead he can allow himself to heal properly'

Kaito stuttered, indigo blown wide to hide the whites of his eye "But how?" His voice was small and faint, his heart fluttered. He was supposed to be the one who found Pandora, he really didn't know what to think about that. Pandora being found seemed almost too good to be true.

*

"Kudo-kun used your plans, then faked Kid's death once he'd realized that it was Pandora" If he hadn't been taken, Kaito would have been the one to find Pandora.

'My plans... That means...'

His vision blurred, he rubbed his left eye to clear away the tears. He didn't have to keep lying and making Aoko sad. He sniffled his teary gaze meting Saguru's "So it's over?" He didn't have to keep getting hurt or keep dodging bullets, unable to get legal help.

'The Crows are gone, Pandora is found... What next?'

"No, but almost" Kaito needed to ascertain Pandora with his own eyes and destroy it. Then he'd continue on healing "Soon you can start working on becoming a professional magician" The Crows weren't a danger anymore, Kaito wouldn't end up like his father.

'A magician, like dad...'

Indigo cleared a bit as Kaito was silent for a few moments "I don't think that I want to be a professional magician anymore"

Me: What do you think Kaito wants to be?

Hope you enjoyed~

0~0 I just realized that I was bad as a child, wattpad is rated 17+

I'm so glad that my mom didn't check the rating when I asked her if I could download the app back then at 14... She didn't because it was for writing

•~• things would have been so different if she did considering I couldn't watch 14+ anime (around her) when I was 13...

... it's not like I didn't discover hardcore Yaoi back then.... Junjou Romantica... ^-^ the joys of being left alone~