90. Deals?

1028 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own MK/DC~

Written December 21 2019
Posted February 3 2020

When they re-entered the room, Saguru easily noted that the magician's eyes were a bit redder than before. Kaito had cried, but the atmosphere within the room didn't make it seem as if something bad had happened between the two. He glanced at the inspector to read his face, Ginzo didn't seem to be angry at all. In fact, he actually seemed somewhat calm. The blond flashed Kaito a reassuring smile "You okay?" He inquired, wanting to make sure that he wasn't missing anything.

'He doesn't seem to be very worried, Nakamori-Keibu must have accepted his reasons'

Kaito nodded, returning the smile with one of his own "Yeah, I've just been more emotional lately" It was something that he wanted to change in the near future. What was the point in having practised his poker face if he kept failing to use it?

Ginzo stifled a yawn "I'm going to take Aoko and tell her a few things about how my job will be changed" Now without Kid to chase, he was going to mainly focus on less known thefts. Aoko had the right to know about the changing of his schedules so that she didn't get confused if he wasn't where she expected him to be. That, and he needed to warn her about the dangers that came with chasing criminals who weren't non-violent. He didn't want her to be shocked if he ever did get hurt, and he may tell a few good stories about Kid. He wanted her to know that the thief wasn't as bad as he often made him out to be.

Akako gave a mysterious smile "Hakuba-kun and I will make sure that Kuroba-kun stays out of trouble" Kaito gave a small pout at her words but didn't verbally argue. He wasn't planning on causing any trouble.

Gold glinted at the magician's pout "Indeed, Kaito will be in safe hands" He breathed before both father and daughter left.

'I don't think that there's much to defend him from at the moment anyways...'

"So the inspector knows about your little secret" The witch mused, she'd had a feeling that it would eventually get out.

"Yeah" He lowered his head, wringing his hands together. It felt weird to know that the inspector accepted the truth and even planned to slowly lighten Aoko's views on Kid. It was almost too good to be true "It turned out better than I thought it would" There had been a whole lot less yelling, maybe it had been because he hadn't denied the accusation? Either way he as grateful that it had turned out so well.

Saguru's gaze softened as he settled himself beside Kaito "Of course it went well" A small smile tugged at his lips as he poked Kaito's cheek "He adores you" Ginzo's care for Kaito had become known to the blond when said inspector had chased down the cultists with his task force. It hadn't been in his jurisdiction, but Ginzo had still led his team for Kaito.

'Kaito is the kind of person to easily win the hearts of others, it honestly would have been surprising if it hadn't gone well'

Kaito gave a sheepish grin, indigo gleaming "I knew that it would have turned out okay" His voice trailed off "But I had honestly expected to come out half deaf from that" Ginzo liked to yell, and he was good at it.

"Lucifer has informed me of your future plans..." Akako breathed, her scarlet gaze steady as it met indigo.

"Is it possible?" Kaito asked, a little nervous that it wasn't. Healing people would be a lot more risky if it wasn't. Saguru looked intrigued.

'Are they talking about his healing?'

Scarlet gleamed "It is for a price" Her tone became serious "Changing the properties of magic is difficult and requires a lot of magic" She wasn't able to help without payment.

Kaito swallowed, sensing that the other wasn't just being coy "And what would the price be?" He really wanted to help people as a doctor.

Akako pursed her lips "For magic of the scale that you're asking for..." She trailed off "Normally I would ask for you to sire an heir for me due to your magical affinity" Her gaze softened when Kaito leaned into Saguru with a fearful look in his eyes "I said normally" She added in reassurance. It would have also been done artificially since she doubted that Kaito would have cheated on Saguru, yet Lucifer had warned her against even mentioning that bit of info. The implications from that were concerning.

'Dear lord...'

*

The magician's shoulders relaxed a bit "So what's the alternative?" He didn't know much about magic, but he knew enough about Akako that she hadn't said that to be cruel. The red witch had changed a lot since they first met.

'She did once tell me that strong magic came at a price...'

"Years from now, when I do find someone to donate, I'd like to take some of your magical essence and mix it in" She met his gaze "Your magical affinity is strong enough that you'd survive the process" Even before he'd become a user of white magic, he'd had good magic genes when it came to repelling spells "It's not a sexual act, just a painful and dangerous one" She was sure that the magician would come out of it with no damage that couldn't heal. She wouldn't have even offered the option if she wasn't required to produce an heir.

Indigos narrowed in confusion "It wouldn't be related to me right?" He was thoroughly confused.

"In human ways no, but magically yes" Akako admitted.

Kaito bit his lip at that "Will you be okay after casting the spell?" If that was the price, then it had to be one doozy of a spell. He didn't mind agreeing if it meant that Akako's witchy acquaintances wouldn't try to split her and Aoko up since they're both females.

'I don't want her to get hurt, Aoko wouldn't either'

Scarlet softened, a wry smile playing on her lips "I have a lovely girlfriend who would care for me as I'm bedridden" Her eyes glinted "And you can help heal me, and in return, we'll care for you after you pay your part a few years from now"

Me: This was an interesting chappy to write~

Hope you enjoyed~