58. Childish

1017 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own MK/DC~

I hope you enjoy~

Written August 16 2019
Posted November 2 2019

Kaito gave a wide grin "Whatever you say..." He paused "First you persistently stalked me... Then you broke into my house..." The magician forced his grin to disappear and replaced it with a serious face. "Should I be worried?" He inquired.

Saguru's face went even redder with embarrassment. "Says the one who stalks people with dove cams and literally trespasses everywhere!" The blond defended.

'It's so fun to mess with him'

The magician rolled his eyes, leaning back against the tree before flashing a smug smirk. "I am a phantom thief, my motives are already known. Yours on the other hand..." He squinted at the other with suspicion.

"I-I'm a detective, I was looking for proof of your crimes when I stalked you" Saguru huffed, crossing his arms across his chest. "In addition to that, I only broke in because I was both worried and encouraged to by Baaya" He finished.

Indigos softened slightly "I guess you're off the hook then" Kaito snickered, tossing a handful of leaves at the other.

'If he hadn't broke in, I wonder how things would have turned out...'

Saguru brushed away the leaves, deciding not to childishly retaliate. "Should we stay here for another day or head back?" He looked up towards the sky, dark clouds were rolling in. Mountain weather really could be unpredictable. "You are mostly good at flying now right?" He added, it was the main reason for their trip after all.

Kaito glanced up at the sky, he really didn't like the look of the clouds and even though flying in the rain would give him some good practice, he had a feeling that out here the weather would be too much for him. He really didn't feel like being struck by lightning or getting blown to the other side of the mountain. "I don't really want to head back... Plus it looks like the rain would start before we got back..." He grinned "Since we'll already most likely be soaked and cold, why not head to the Kurama Onsen?"

Saguru nodded "We might as well, I see no need in catching a cold" He'd never been to an onsen before and he was quite intrigued.

"Great!" Kaito clasped both of his hands together "I haven't been to an onsen with others in years! I can't go with Aoko since she's a girl and Nakamori-Keibu would become suspicious about my scars. It's no fun to go alone" Kaito immediately pulled out his phone to book their room. Saguru inwardly winced, realizing that being Kaitou Kid had affected Kaito's options more than he'd thought.

After a few minutes Kaito put away his phone and turned towards him with a bright grin. "I've booked all of the rooms so that we can use the onsen without weird questions about my scars!"

'I can't wait to soak in the onsen, plus I can test my wings in the water as well'

The blond shook his head at the magician's craziness "I'll pay since I'm pretty sure it'd leave a smaller dent in my wallet than it would in yours" He offered, remembering how Kaito had whined about Aoko spending his money on expensive food.

Kaito blinked in surprise before nodding "If you want, sure" He wasn't opposed to accepting that sort of offer from a friend who could afford it.

*

"Kaito slow down! Your going to slip!" Saguru scolded, rain was pelting down and the ground was soft and easily shifted under their feet since they hadn't taken a path.

'Why does he insist on doing everything recklessly?!?'

"Nah! I know what I'm doing!" The magician laughed, purposely skidding a few feet. His shoes were now ruined and he seriously doubted that he'd be able to salvage them. He was so glad he'd chosen to wear some scruffy clothes instead of his favorites.

"You still might sli— Ack!" Kaito paused to look back at the blond. Saguru had slipped and fallen face first into an especially muddy mound. Kaito let out a small snicker before bursting out in laughter, leaning against a tree as he clutched his stomach.

'If he thinks it so funny... Then I'll show him!'

Saguru scrambled to his feet and made his way over to the other, slipping a few times in the process but thankfully he didn't fall again. "Bugger off!" He laughed, shoving the unbalanced teen into a mud puddle. He wiped some mud off of his own face.

"Gah!" Since he'd been caught mid-laughter, Kaito had ended up with a mouthful of the dirty water and accidentally swallowing some. The magician flailed for a moment before hopping to his feet, spitting out in disgust as he flicked out his wings to unlodge some of the mud from his feathers. Indigos met gold and narrowed before Kaito playfully tackled Saguru into a muddy moss covered dip. "Why don't you eat some dirt as well!" He snickered, grabbing a handful of mud and throwing it at Saguru's face.

'He may be faster, but I'm stronger!'

Saguru grabbed Kaito's shoulders and flipped their positions so that he was straddling the Kaito instead. He pinned down his legs with his own and used both hands to dump an armload of mud onto Kaito. The magician tried to both shove and buck him off a few times before giving up. Indigos glared for a few moments before both teens burst out in laughter. "I've never done anything so childish before..." Saguru laughed as he shifted off of the other before holding out his hand to help him up.

Kaito grinned, accepting the help, snickering when there was an audible squelch between their hands. "I really wasn't expecting that" He admitted "You seriously caught me off guard, it was fun though" He really didn't like the taste of dirt still lingering in his mouth, but it was worth it to see the other laugh. Saguru really needed to laugh honestly some more.

"Surprisingly, it was also quite fun to me as well" The blond replied, a little embarrassed at the childish act he'd taken part in.

Me: This was really really fun to write~ Just some innocent mud flinging~

Omg I slept so well o.o need to have heaters break more often~ and my cat cuddled extra good~

Hope you enjoyed zee chappy~