0.2

ØØØØ

ØØØØ

AMBER SAT IN FRONT of a mirror, plaiting her new purple hair, as she hummed a small tune. It was currently 8:30 am, leaving the girl half an hour to get to the orphanage to discuss its future. A knock interrupted the mild silence, Amber glanced towards the open door that Steve was precariously leaning against and turned back towards her mirror.

"Can I come in?" The man asked hesitantly.

"That's rhetorical Steve, You'll come in, no matter what I say" Amber replied bluntly, rolling her eyes subtly. She was still mad at him from last night, he shouldn't have acted like a 'responsible' parent.

"I like your hair" Steve began, attempting to break the silence and awkwardness between the two. He looked around the room and was taken aback at the lack of pictures and decorations that had once used to be stuck all over the walls.

"I missed it," Amber said softly, finishing off her braids, "It makes me feel more like myself".

"I see you took your pictures down" Steve continued, sitting beside the girl on her bed.

Amber gulped slightly and looked down, "I'd rather not have a constant reminder of those I've/we've lost." She told him truthfully. Steve nodded in understanding.

"Is there a point to this conversation? Because I have a meeting in ten minutes" Amber huffed, gathering up her notebook, which she'd spent all of the night creating notes for the orphanage.

"I-I just wanted to say sorry. For everything" Steve sighed, "All of us are stressed".

"I know, I know" Amber replied, she stood up and hugged the man quickly, "I'm sorry, but I really have to go.." The girl sped out of the room, leaving a dumbfounded Steve behind.

ØØØØ