0.1

ØØØØ

ØØØØ

ALL WAS QUIET IN the Facility. Everyone was either in the labs or in their rooms. Each of them experiencing some sort of loss. A shadow crept through the building, trying to avoid being seen and heard.

It wasn't like Amber Maximoff wasn't allowed to leave, it was that Steve advised her not to due to the publics backlash towards them after the snap. It was for her own protection, But she didn't need to be protected... the people out there deserved to be. The people deserved answers and support from their 'heroes', not silence.

The girl made her way out towards the gates of the compound. The protesters had left days ago, leaving an eerie silence fall over the grounds. Amber put up her hood hastily as she entered the streets, hoping to not be seen by angry citizens. Although she wanted to help, getting beaten by angry civilians didn't really sound appealing.

The girl wandered through the desolate streets with the occasional person walking passed her. She had never seen the streets this empty or quiet, it was oddly calming but fear was creeping up her spine. Amber shuddered slightly, seeing the state most houses were in. Half of them were abandoned with all their windows and doors swinging open and a few were burnt to the ground.

It felt like the girl was transported back to when she was younger and roaming the streets of Sokovia. The streets were the same, the odd stray dog or cat was the same, the abandoned houses was the same, the only difference was the people.

The people of Sokovia always populated the streets and lanes in hope of earning money or their well-earned wages, but here... there was barely a person in sight.

Amber halted suddenly, realising her destination was on her right. The girl took a shaky breath in before heading inside the grey residence. She opened the front door slowly, but was greeted by chaotic screams and cries. Amber gulped and walked up to the front desk.

"Sorry to disturb you but may I speak to.. um.." Amber glances at the piece of paper in her hands, "Mrs. Morley?".

"Mrs. Morley is currently occupied but you're welcome to wait." The woman replied, typing rapidly on her computer, as the girl sat down on the only empty chair left in the busy room.

Amber felt a small tug on her arm, and froze slightly. She looked down and her cold expression softened at the sight of a little girl gazing up at her.

"Hello?" Amber smiled softly, bending down to talk to the smaller girl.

"I'm Eliza, but everyone calls me Lizzie. What's your name? Why are you here? Do you like dogs? I used to have a dog called Patch.. but he ran away-" The little girl rambled, making the older girl chuckle slightly.