1.6

ØØØØ

ØØØØ

THE SOUND OF destruction deafened Amber Maximoff as the Avengers facility collapsed all around her. She felt herself tumbling back, the ringing in her ears getting louder and louder completely blocking all other sounds. She watched as fire, smoke and debris filled the air as she fell. Amber watched as her teammates were thrown in opposite directions, she felt helpless against the missiles power.

Amber bashed off of a metal pipe and fell down onto a metal grate. She groaned in pain, rolling over onto her side, her head was pounding and her vision began to distort and blur. By the smell and flow of water, Amber knew she had landed in the sewer system underneath the facility. She raised herself slowly off the ground, her shaky arms barely holding her weight. The girl latched onto a pipe for support, she blinked a few times before her vision cleared a little to let her notice a figure at the end of the lane way of pipes.

She limped closer to the figure, her eyes landing on the bow and arrow lying beside the figure. "Clint?!" Amber called out, her croaky voice echoing off of the metal. The girl finally reached him and managed to help him off the floor.

The man mumbled a quick thanks and flashed a light upwards to see what happened, and if there was actually any way out of the con-caved building. "CAP?" Clint shouted, tapping his comm which was situated in his ear.

Amber shook her head when the line on the other side was deadly silent. Out of the corner of her eye, the light glinting off the gauntlet caught her eye. She swiftly bent down and picked it up, cradling it in her arms.

A loud clang rang out from the other end of the pipe system making both Amber and Clint whip their heads towards the sound. Clint carefully pulled an arrow from his quiver and shot it, creating a light to illuminate the dark tunnel, Ambers froze as multiple alien creatures were lurking at the end of the tunnel.

"...Uh Clint? I think we have a problem." Amber said, her voice becoming tiny and panicked as the creatures approached them.

Clint turned to her and nodded, "Damn right we do, GO!" He yelled, Amber didn't need to be told twice. She sprinted alongside the man, the gauntlet clutched firmly to her side.

A creature caught up to the girl and grabbed onto her leg, making Amber scream loudly. Clint turned and quickly shot the creature, causing Amber to stumble backwards. "Amber when I shoot this arrow we need to run- fast." Clint panted, as hordes of creatures ran towards them.

The girl nodded and Clint shot an explosive arrow, Amber grabbed Clint's arm and to the best of her ability, she used her speed to try drag him out of there quickly. A loud crash rumbled through the pipes and both Clint and Amber tumbled out onto another small platform, where they both collapsed tiredly.

Ambers chest heaved up and down rapidly, her exhausted , half closed eyes looking up, only to see Nebula standing above her analyzing the two.

Amber held up the gauntlet tiredly, "Oh, hey...I know you." She mumbled, handing the gauntlet to Nebula who smirked at the touch of it.

Nebula raised her wrist to her mouth, "Father. I have the stones." She spoke clearly.

"Wait...What?!" Clint yelled in shock as Ambers eyes widened in horror.

"Stop." The Green Woman yelled, appearing from out of the smoke followed by...Nebula? Both Amber and Clint scrambled to their feet ducking behind some rubble, their eyes flickering between the green woman and the two Nebulas. The green woman and the Nebula with the gauntlet had drawn their guns.

The Nebula holding the gun scoffed, "You're betraying us?" She asked in disbelief, but she refused to be wary,

The Nebula who stood beside the green woman stood forward. "You don't have to do this." She replied calmly. "You've seen what we become."

The green woman tilted her head, "Nebula, listen to her." She pleaded. "You can change."

The Nebula with the gauntlet wavered, "He won't let me." She concluded, pointing her gun at the green woman.

"NO!" The green woman screamed, but before Nebula could fire, the Nebula from beside the green woman shot her in the stomach. The gauntlet fell alongside the dead bod, clattering to the floor.

Amber slowly stood up from the rubble, racing forward to let her fingers clutch the gauntlet, sending a look of utter confusion towards the two alien women, who stood silently.

"Well shit..." Amber muttered, tapping her comm trying to get a signal, as Clint stood beside her. She groggily looked around, her head still swarming with hundreds of other people's thoughts. The girl felt almost helpless as she met the eyes of Clint, who looked down on defeat.

This could be the end of the Avengers. Only time could tell...

ØØØØ

So... long time no see!

I'm so fucking sorry for not updating in four weeks, Christ almighty that's a really long time!!

Anyway,

If you like Peter Parker I have a fic called 'Astral' which is pretty legit.

Or if you like Narnia, I have a Peter Pevensie fic called 'All is Found'.

So yes, I have a lot more fanfics that I've written, oop-

Love y'all,

- TARA