0.8

ØØØØ

ØØØØ

AMBER SCOFFED LOUDLY and shook her head in disbelief , "I've been distant?! This is the first time we've talked in two-three weeks." She replied angrily. Natasha looked taken aback by the girls statement, as she sat on the edge of the lake.

"Tell me Nat, did you know I spent my birthday alone? That, I worked long hours in the orphanage paying my dues and I'm the one who's distant?! Did you know I'm the owner of the entire establishment?" Amber continued, her voice rising, "I don't even know why you're still here... I'm happy here, with Tony, Pepper and my godchild".

"Godchild?" Natasha asked, tilting her head.

"Yes, godchild. You would know that If you actually gave a shit. I've tried to talk to you so many times only to get turned away because you and Steve were always in meetings." Amber raged, "I've kept my cool when everything descended into chaos-".

"You're not the only one with responsibilities Amber, we have the entire world to worry about-" Natasha begun.

"The entire world? Wow... IT HAS BEEN FIVE YEARS NAT! Five years! I lost my sister, the majority of my friends and when I try to turn to the ones I have left, they turn me away. It's not fair." Amber stated tiredly, her anger cooling down.

The girl was interrupted by Natasha pulling her into a tight hug. "I'm sorry" she murmured hoarsely, "I sometimes forget that you're not that vulnerable kid that I found in Sokovia. You've grown so much not just physically but mentally." Amber stiffened slightly but soon relaxed into the embrace, before breaking away,  

"Nat- I wish I could help... but Tony got his second chance and I think I might've got mine. The things I'm doing, the things I do on a daily basis- they make me proud and I'm happy doing them. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a little girl who needs my help with her toys." Amber turned away, wrapping her arms around her body in discomfort.

"Nat?" She called back,

"Yeah?" Natasha replied looking up at the girl,

"I did miss you." Amber sighed, "I'm back in New York on Monday, want to grab a coffee or lunch?".

Nat smiled softly and nodded, standing up from the grass, "I'd like that" the woman answered.

Amber grinned slightly and chuckled, "Good." She said, turning back around to go inside the cabin, in which a little girl awaited her. Natasha walked back towards Steve and Scott, who were patiently waiting by the car.