He Knows

Izuku watched in awe as the Nomu was sent soaring out of the USJ.  All Might was truly amazing, but in that moment, Izuku felt guilty.  The weight of the world rested on this powerful hero's shoulders, and yet, his power was slipping from his fingers.  He'd given it to Izuku, whom he trusted greatly.  But Izuku was a liar.  He kept secrets and lied, Izuku hated himself for it.

His eyes got watery with tears, "All Might..."

"It's okay my boy!" All Might flashed him a smile.

No, All Might... it's not okay.

All Might turned towards the villains with a smile of victory, "Surrender now." He commanded.

The werewolf villain started vigorously scratching his neck, "No, no, no!" he repeated.

The warp villain started speaking softly to Shigiraki, and Izuku strained his ears to hear what they were saying.

"He is weak... we can still kill him..." Izuku heard.

Izuku instantly started to run forward, and cried, "All Might!"  He noticed the steam rising off his mentor, if the villains attacked him... he could die.

All Might turned to see Izuku and he paled slightly, "Get back, young Midoriya!"

Shigiraki turned towards the commotion, "He's right, this doesn't involve you, mutt."

Izuku didn't stop, "Stay away from All Might!" he screamed.

"Kurogiri, deal with him." Shigiraki darted forward towards All Might, with his hands outstretched.

"STOP IT!" Izuku screamed, he felt powerless.  Gun shots rang throughout the complex, which caused Izuku to cover his ears.  He looked towards the entrance, Reinforcements had come.

Izuku watched as Shigiraki was shot multiple times, blood splashing everywhere.  Izuku cringed, and he suddenly felt sorry.  He scolded himself for it, you can't feel sorry for this villain just because he's the same, you can't.

Izuku looked to All Might to see him safe and smiled happily.  Though the air smelled like gunpowder, Izuku caught a scent that sent shivers down his spine.  He must have turned pale as a ghost, as white as a sheet, even All Might looked a little concerned.

Izuku slowly turned his head back to look at the front entrance.  His classmates were there, the teachers were there, but there was someone else... something else.  A small white bear-like thing wearing a suit.

Izuku hated himself for forgetting, as he locked eyes with the thing.

It... was the principle of UA.  He wasn't a human with an animal quirk, no, he was an animal with a quirk.  The principle held a passive smile on its face, but Izuku could see in its black beady eyes, something burning within them.

~

Izuku couldn't stop fiddling with his hands in class.  After the USJ, the students had a day off, but then back to school.  Izuku couldn't stand to walk on school grounds without feeling sweat start to pour down his face, he knew, sooner or later, the principle would talk to him.

And he especially didn't expect it to happen so soon.

"Midoriya, Nezu wants to see you in his office immediately."  The fact that his teacher even came to class despite being wrapped up in bandages didn't throw him off as much as that sentence.

It took Izuku about three seconds for his brain to process what the words even meant, Aizawa even had to repeat with an annoyed tone, "Now, Midoriya."