The Mall

The second he got back the facility, he was bombarded with questions.

"What was that?"

"Are you okay?"

"Why did you run off like that?"

The last thing he wanted to do was answer any questions.  Thankfully, Iida shooed most of the people away.  It was just Iida and Uraraka left.

Izuku was the first to speak, "How many were watching?" he sounded ashamed.

"Not many in the class, I'd say around six or seven." Iida replied, sitting down next to Izuku.

"Oh..." Izuku trailed off.

"What happened out there?"  Uraraka asked softly, "It looked like you just started crying and then you bolted."

"Ah..." he didn't explain.

Iida and Uraraka exchanged a glance, "Did Bakugou say something to you?  Is he harassing you?"

"No... no." Izuku's mind reached for any excuse that he could think of, "It was nothing, I was just stressed."  That part wasn't a lie.

"Oh... why are you stressed?" Iida comforted, "Don't feel obligated to tell us, but we do care about your well-being."

Izuku felt a small smile appear on his face, "Thank you... for caring.  There's just been a lot on my mind."

"Sometimes talking about it helps" Uraraka smiled encouragingly at him.

Izuku took a deep breath, is it really okay for me to talk to them?  I trust them.

Izuku hung is head, "I lied to you both, when we first meet."

He couldn't meet their eyes, but Uraraka and Iida just blinked in confusion.

He lifted his head, his eyes staring ahead blankly, "This scar, my eye, I didn't tell you the truth.  I wasn't born with it like that, I didn't fall on a rock."  His eyes were blurry with tears, "My dad hurt me."

His friends started to speak, but Izuku didn't stop, he pulled up his sleeve and pointed, "This was from my dad."  Izuku unzipped his hero costume to show another burn scar on his shoulder, "This one's from Kacchan." His voice was breaking but he kept going, "This one-"  Izuku was cut off as his two friends engulfed him in a hug, squeezing him tightly.

"Don't feel bad about not telling us the truth, we understand." Ochako said quietly.

"We are always here for you." Iida hugged him tighter.

Izuku started sobbing as his friends hugged him.  He couldn't believe he was surrounded by such amazing people.

It felt like a weight had been lifted off his chest.

~

After his talk with Iida and Uraraka, Izuku begun to feel a little better.  Whatever Bakugou tells them, he won't care, because he knows they care about him.  The thought of telling them everything did cross his mind, but he decided against it.  Maybe one day he'll tell them.

Aizawa informed the class that they'd be going to a training camp.  Five of the students failed, and surprisingly enough Izuku and Bakugou passed, but they came close to failing.  Aizawa had announced what they did wrong in front of the entire class, "Bakugou, you almost failed because you didn't showcase any sign of teamwork and you almost ended up unconscious whilst fighting.  Midoriya, you almost failed because you left your teammate in the clutches of the "villain".  You also let your emotions get the better of you, and in real life, that could cost you your life."  He ended the statement harshly.  Izuku nodded in shame.  He was weak.