Sports Festival Part 1

The day of the sports festival came way quicker the Izuku would have liked. To add to his stress, Mr. Aizawa wasn't really speaking to him, he was flat out avoiding him.

As he waited in the waiting room for the event with the rest of his classmates, the last thing he expected was for Todoroki to come up to him.

"Midoriya."

Izuku jumped but managed to meet his eyes, "W-what is it, Todoroki?"

"I think it's safe to say I'm stronger than you, right?" he rumbled

"Huh?"

"It seems that you've got All Might in your corner helping you out." Todoroki's eyes narrowed as Izuku's eyes widened, "And... you have something you're hiding, aren't you?"

Izuku opened his mouth to speak but Todoroki spoke for him, "I'm not going to pry or try figuring you out... but I want you to know that I will beat you."

"I-"

Todoroki cut him off by turning around, "I will beat you."

Izuku had no response.

~

Originally Izuku had been somewhat excited about the sports festival, but now he was full of nerves. During the obstacle course race, he ran as fast as he could and ended up exploding himself into first place.

He didn't want to stand out, feeling the eyes of the world watching him made him feel exposed. He didn't like it. And now... Todoroki was probably even more pissed at him. He wished the day would end already.

The next activity was a cavalry battle, and no one wanted to be on his team! Thankfully he had Uraraka, and another random girl from the support course named Hatsume. Iida's rejection hurt but he just needed one more person... there! Izuku spotted Tokoyami standing alone.

Before Izuku could grab his shoulder, Tokoyami turned around to glare at him, "What do you want."

"Tokoyami... join me."

"I don't trust you."

It was a punch to the gut.

"The aura you give frightens me; I couldn't be on a team with someone like that." Tokoyami continued.

"P-please!" Izuku hung his head down, "Let me prove to you the type of person I am." Tokoyami raised his eyebrows in consideration.

"I don't have to be the rider, if that makes you feel better." Izuku said weakly.

"Alright, I'll join your team under that condition."

With that the team concluded that Hatsume would be the rider. During the competition... Izuku felt largely unimportant, just another member of the team. Uraraka was amazing with how she made everything weightless but herself to make the team fly, Hatsume's gadgets were incredible, and Tokoyami's dark shadow was doing a great job defending against attackers. However, Hatsume wasn't the best leader. She was too eager to show off her gadgets, and they lost the 10 million points Izuku had gotten from the first round fairly quickly. Izuku was afraid to order them around in fear of angering Tokoyami, so he stayed silent. Uraraka gave him a few worried looks, but Izuku shrugged them off.

They placed fourth, which cut it way to close for Izuku's liking. Of course, Todoroki's team ended up with the 10 million points, and Izuku caught himself glaring at Todoroki for far too long. And dark shadow hissed at him! Izuku was half tempted to hiss back.