the first meeting

~imagine first meeting katherine in 1864 when you came back home to the salvatore boarding house to greet your brothers after a long year of traveling~

when i finally got home, stefan and damon were waiting outside of my carriage to help me down and greet me.

"hello, sister." damon greeted with a smile. "how were your travels?"

"yes, how was your year without our annoying bickering?" stefan asked jokingly.

"oh it was extravagant. i was so crestfallen when it finally came to an end, because i knew i would have to see you imbeciles again." i said teasingly with a smile.

they fake gasped and chuckled, leading me to my childhood home.

"understandable." damon said. "oh, and just so you know, we are having a ball to greet our guest who will be staying with us for a while."

"who?" i asked.

"her name is katherine piece." stefan replied. "she is delightful. you'll like her."

"is that so?" i ask with a smirk playing on my lips.

"yes. now come, you need to meet her." stefan gestured to the front door, not catching onto what i was implying. once we walked in, there was a great deal of people going about our house and having a good time. stefan took my hand and steered me carefully threw the crowd while damon followed behind us. "ah, here she is. lady katherine, i want you to meet damon and i's sister."

with that, she swirled around on her heels to face us. when we made eye contact, a chill ran down my spine. she had to have been one of the most beautiful women i had ever seen.

"hello." she smiled. "i'm katherine. what is your name?" she extended a hand for me to shake.

"i -uhm, my name is y/n." i smile flustered and took her hand in mine. "it's nice to meet you."

"you as well." she retracts her hand back to her side. "you have a beautiful name, by the way."

"oh, thank you." i blushed. "yours is quite beautiful, also. it matches its owner."

"wow. thank you." now it was her turn to blush. we stared contently at each other. while admiring her facial features, i heard one of my of my brothers clear their throat.

"uhm, well. stefan, we should go check on our guests. take care ladies." damon said.

"until later." i replied without taking my eyes off of katherine. they scurried off, leaving us to ourselves. she smiled and took my hand, then started to lead me to the couch.

"so, your brothers tell me you're a traveler." she gestured to sit down. i did and she sat very closely next to me. i nodded. "what is your favorite part about it?" she asked with a glint in her eyes. i can tell she genuinely wants to know.

"well..."

———————————————————————————

surprise