nancy drew

~ the group allows katherine to help fight a mutual threat ~

"fine," i hear stefan breath out in defeat, making katherine smile. "i guess you can look at this book for us and see what you find." he holds out an old journal. she takes it without asking and opens it, then gives us a small glare.

"how in the hell am i supposed to read this crap?" she shows us the obnoxiously small handwriting. i chuckle and reach behind me to get the magnifying glass that i used earlier.

"here," i speak up, revealing the tool to her. kat takes it in a wary manner and examines it. after a few seconds, she looks back to me.

"the fuck do i look like? nancy drew?" i tried to stifle a laugh as damon took the tool away from her in aggravation, causing her to cross her arms with a small pout. "hey. i want to help." damon just shrugs and places the magnifying glass back at its original place on the table behind me.

"sucks to suck," he exaggerates. katherine turns to me and gives me a pleading look. i grin widely and hand the tool back to her in a heartbeat.

"thank you," she takes the tool once again, making sure to brush her fingers on my wrist flirtatiously, which caused caroline to give me a side eye and a giggle. "i promise to not let you down," she reassures and i nod, knowing she's telling
the truth.