it's true

~ you're out with the group and damon teases you about katherine ~

as i was talking about the time i first met queen mary, i glanced to my left to see katherine watching me intrigued and i smiled a bit. i turned my head back to its original position, facing everyone.

"and i swear she thought i was trying to take the throne, but honestly, i was just trying to get with her handmaiden," i end with a giggle and the others laugh. everyone except katherine. i furrow my brows after looking at her subtlety through my hair and see a slight frown on her face. before i could say anything more, i feel damon's hand on my shoulder. i swear i could see katherine give him a glare, but i wasn't sure.

"y/n, i have something to tell you," he looks at the group pointedly. "in private."

i nod, confused. "okay?"

he motions for me to follow him and i get out of my chair. he leads me outside of the grill and comes to a stop by a brick wall with no windows. "you guys better not be listening," he directs towards our friends and i chuckle.

"alright, what's so important that you have to talk to me privately?" i ask in anticipation. he gives me a devilish grin and i immediately get the wrong impression. "ew, damon, no. i'm not having sex with you!" his eyes widen at my words and he starts shaking his hands in front of him, signaling that i have the wrong idea.

"oh lord, no! that's not what i meant," he expressed. "i just wanted to discuss how she-devil was looking at you."

"rebecca? she wasn't even in there." i joke, knowing he got his nicknames mixed up. he rolls his eyes and gives me a bored face.

"jeez. stop being like me."

"technically, you're being like me since i'm way older than you." i smile when he rolls his eyes again.

"ugh, can i get to the point?"

i nod my head. "please. before your eyes get stuck to the back of your head." he shoves me playfully and let's out a slight chuckle.

"anyway. i think she might like you." he hold his hand out for me to stop as i was about to speak. "now wait, before you say anything, let me express why i think such a thing." i cross my arms, standing in a sassy manner, waiting for him to continue. "if you were me and saw how she looks at you ever since you came outta now where - wait actually where did you come from? i'm still very confused by that." i smack him for getting distracted so easily. "ow okay, i'm sorry. i've seen the way she looks at you. it's like you're the only highlight of her life. and that's saying a lot," he finally finishes and i sigh.

"what if you're wrong?" i state and his face drops. "what if she really doesn't like me?" i see him about to speak again, but his head gets snapped quickly before he even hummed. i look at katherine pretending to be unfazed, trying to ignore the feeling of my heart threatening to pump out of my chest at the sight of her beauty. "you really need to stop that."

katherine laughs at me and moves forward. "you're wrong, you know," she said, vaguely, ignoring what i had said. i tilt my head in confusion and she grabs my hand with a smile. "he's right. i'm pretty smitten with you." my breath got caught in the back of my throat with her words. i couldn't stop the smile forming on my face.

"it's true?" i ask, not being able to process her confession.

"it's true." she reassures.