lamb stew

~ you try to cheer up katherine in 1864 ~

as you quickly walk through the crowd, with your hand tightly gripping your dress, you try to find the head of familiar chocolate locks. once you finally spot her talking to emily and pearl, you walk faster, nearly tripping over the bottom of you dress.

"katherine," you pant as you finally reach her. you nod at the other women in acknowledgment. "may i have a word with you?"

a small smile forms on her lips as she nods. she then turns to her friends. "excuse me."

emily and pearl nod to you both and you lead katherine away from the crowd, her hand in yours. once you were nearly away from the others, you gripped your dress again, lifting it a bit, and started running. katherine nearly stumbled from surprise, but she then she lifted her dress and matched her stride behind yours, laughing with excitement.

"where are we going?" she asked, joy evident in her voice. you quickly make your way up the staircase and make your way towards her room that your father, giuseppe salvatore, let her shelter in.

"to your room! i have a surprise for you!" you giggle and stop right at the door. she then looks at you in anticipation.

"what is it?" she smiles.

"cover your eyes," you tell her. she groans and rolls her eyes.

"why?" she wines, causing you to laugh.

"just do it."

"fine," covers her eyes with her hands, trying not to smile at your face.

once you knew she couldn't see, you opened the door and lead her inside. you closed the door once she was settled in front of her surprise and told her it was okay to look.

she slowly removed her hands from her face and opened her eyes. once she took in the sight, she gasped. "y/n! oh, my god. is that-"

"lamb stew," you nod, answering before she could ask. katherine had told you about her past and how she used to live in bulgaria, and how her mother made lamb stew whenever she was feeling down. her confession surprised you at first, especially the vampire part, but you grew to love her more; it was so easy to accept that part of her. you were also happy that she only told you, not your brothers. "i thought that maybe this would make you a little happy. i hate seeing you down."

she turned around to look at you. "thank you," she said with teary eyes and a big smile. before you could respond, she launched herself towards you and gave you a gigantic hug.