tragically destined pt.3

-katherine's pov-

-katherine's pov-

after my forced conversation with elena, i went back to my temporary place just outside of mystic falls. and after her begging and begging along with damon, i reluctantly agreed to help them out with klaus. why? i have no idea. something inside me just told me to.

as i was working on my part of the plan, my phone started ringing for the bazilyionth time today. i rolled my eyes at the sound and picked it up, speaking into it with aggravation, thinking it was damon or elena.

"what?" i wait for a response and i just hear a light gasp. a light gasp that sounds so familiar. my eyebrows furrow in confusion and i speak up again. "hello? you better not be some weirdo." what i heard next nearly made me fall out of my seat.

"k-katerina?"

my eyes widen at the sound of her voice and grip onto my chair to steady myself. "y/n? ohmygod is that really you?"

i hear her small chuckle on the other line and i smile to myself, knowing it was her just by that. "yes! oh, how i missed you." i smile even wider at her tainted accent and i feel my throat begin to swell.

"i've missed you more!" i pause. "wait! where where you? are you okay?"

i hear her chuckle once again and i can just imagine her sweet smile. "i'm okay, my love. i'm sorry that i haven't found you sooner." she sighs a bit. "i got trialed as a witch when i was in south america and spent the last few hundred years in the atlantic in that damn iron casket, until a fisherman pulled me out. how i survived? i don't know. but i'm here now."

"wait, what the hell?" i say in disbelief. "are you serious? how are you even calling me?"

"trust me. i wish i was kidding. you should've seen the looks i got when i was walking around in my drenched underdress," she laughs quietly. "but at least i woke up on a nice island. and i just stole this device and asked someone to teach me how to use it."

i shake my head and smile softly. only she can have an insane story like that. "what island?"

"some girl said it's called barbados. she was really tall."

i laugh at her and smile more, thinking of how it's like we never went out separate ways. "what was the girl's name?"

"i don't remember. all i know is that it started with an 'r' and that she was visiting her family."

my eyes widened at her statement. "uhm, baby?"

"yeah?"

"did she say her name was rihanna?" i asked cautiously. i hear her hum quietly and i knew she was thinking.

"ehm, no. that's not what she said."

i sigh, a little disappointed. but right as the sigh left my mouth, she spoke up again.

"oh! i remember! she said it was robyn." i could hear pride in her voice as she remembered and i nearly smiled. but as soon as i was about to, i nearly choke on my spit as i comprehend the name she just said.

"holy shit! y/n!" i say excitedly.

"what?" she laughs.

"you just met rihanna!"

"who?" she asks, confused. i can basically see her face contort into confusion and her nose wrinkling up a bit. i giggle and explain.

"she's a famous singer. her first name is robyn but she goes by rihanna."

i hear her 'oh' at my explanation. "that's why there were a people squealing around me. i just thought they were crazy."

"yeah, those are just her fans."

"oh, okay. well that explains a lot."

my eyebrows furrow again, this time in a bit of amusement. "what do you mean?"

"she gave me some modern clothes to wear and these insane girls tried to take them from me. i had to compel them to go away. those little rats. trying to leave me with my chest nearly bare for everyone to see."

i laugh loudly at her and shake my head. "sounds like quite the experience. did you feed?"

"yeah, just a little. i'm scared i'll hurt someone."

i frown a little at that. "alright. well i'll get a flight and i'll be there in a bit okay?"

"what do you mean flight?"

"i'll let you know the next time i see you," i giggle. "and one more thing."

"yeah?"

"how did you get my number?"

"i broke into the prime minister's office and had her hack the records."