no, this isn't happening

(why tf is it so small lmfaoooo)

~ katherine finds out about your death ~

katherine pov

i pace back and forth on the hardwood floors of the salvatore boarding house waiting for the others to get back. they went out a few hours ago to find out what klaus was up to, but they asked me to stay here for my safety. well technically, y/n asked me to stay and me being the whipped ass i am, i obliged immediately. ever since we parted, i haven't heard anything since.

just as i took out my phone to call stefan agin, after call everyone else about ten times each, i hear the front door open. everyone came in - except the person i wanted to see most, making my heart drop. i look over everyone's exhausted faces and notice elena pretty banged up.

"what happened?" i asked, really not wanting to know the answer. "where's y/n?"

tears immediately threatened to pour from elena's eyes when i mentioned my lover's name. i looked to stefan, who just put his head down, and theats when i knew.

"katherine.." damon looked at me with pitiful look. "s-she, uhm.. she-"

"it's my fault," elena spoke up, the tears finally falling down her blotched cheeks. "she tried to save me and he got to her." her voice cracked, making tears flow done my face as well.

"who?" i desperately asked. they all had a worried expression of there dirty faces, knowing i'll go after whoever it was. even if they'll kill me in the process. "who?" i asked, again. my stern tone made a few flinch.

"silas," bonnie breathed out. i looked to elena and saw dried blood all over her neck. i nodded slowly, understanding what had happened.

"here," damon spoke up again, handing out the vervain bracelet i gave her as a token of my love. i look at it and let out a small gasp knowing she really is gone. my shaky hand went to grab it. i ignored the slight burning sensation and hugged the bracelet to my chest.

"no," i sob, falling to my knees. "no, this isn't happening. this can't be real." i close my eyes and hunch over, not being able to breathe. i feel a body sit beside me and two arms embraced me tightly, my head leaning on the person's chest.

"she's in a better place, kat," i hear caroline mutter through her chest. "you know that her world was a terrifying place for her. she couldn't breathe being scared endlessly everyday - by her bloodline or by our threats."

"yeah but she made my world a better place and now i can't take a single breath without her." i open my eyes to see her frown. "i love her, care." she holds me more tightly as i cry more. "i love her."

"i know. we know." she rubbed my back slowly. "we'll help you through this. i promise. it'll be okay."