Rest and Relaxation

Because 102 was no longer active, all the pilots and ground crew got to relax and recuperate after 2 weeks of almost constant work. That's how long these war matches can go on for, because 102 was now the official Air Force for maple, they got more funding, most of it went into maintaining the aircraft and acquiring better 20 mm hispanos that were more reliable, gothbell had a field day with those. Ryo decided to take his spit for a joy ride out into the countryside, enjoy himself instead of having to worry about fighting, he filed a flight itinerary so if something happened, someone would know where he was.  He got into his flight gear, fired up his spit and taxied out to the grass strip, the rolls Royce griffon purred as he went. 

*spitfire C-FGHY on the roll RWY23 departing to the east*

Ryo advanced the throttle to 75% power at full rich mixture and started off, applying rudder to counter the torque, lifted off and climbed to 2,000 Ft and flew due east toward his hometown of innisfil ON, a lot was different since the last time he had seen innisfil, it was much larger and had more development, Ryo dropped down to 500 ft above the ground, he could see people stop, look up and wave. For the first time in a while, Ryo could slow down and see the sights that so often flashed through his gunsight for a fraction of a second. Ryo was limited on where he could go because Toronto Pearson Intl was close by and he couldn't enter their airspace without clearance when not in a match.  Ryo got a call on the radio for him to return to base, Julia Schultz, the commander of maple wanted to speak to him. Ryo rolled his spit into a turn and flew back to Borden.