Interception

St. G had gotten word of the flight of 109's being delivered to kuromorimine and decided to intercept them, while they would still land at kuro, they would need to be serviced because they would be "knocked out" and thus would have a long downtime. Ryo and Mikey knew that if they could even delay these new 109's by at least a week, they could pull this off.

Patrol flight C being flown by St. G pilots spotted the flight of 24 109's and called the carrier rallying A squadron from 102 and pilots from St. G to intercept

Ryo, sharpie and Mikey lined up on targets and let the lead fly.  A huge furball developed, clementine set the bar high, taking down 6 enemy aircraft in 1 minute.  Meanwhile Ryo had big problems, one of the modified 109's was in the air, being flown by Curt wicke, the kuro Luftwaffe commander.  And he had sunk his teeth into Ryo's spitfire, whom Ryo had named, "death dancer" Ryo prided himself on never being shot down once, he threw his spitfire around the sky like a dog with a chew toy. He was determined to shake off the attacker. He went for a snap roll into a split S but, WHAM!  A 30 mm HE shell slammed into Ryo's spitfire setting a fire, which while uncommon could happen, Ryo's heart stopped, hell nearly the whole battle seemed to stop, sharpie shouted over the radio: RYO GET OUT OF THERE YOUR BURNING UP, BAIL BAIL BAIL!

Ryo shed a tear, put his spitfire into a vertical climb, set max power in his crippled spitfire, pulled back the canopy, tapped her windscreen, saluted, and jumped out.

He sat there in his parachute, on the edge of crying as he watched his spitfire tumble toward the sea. It slammed into the water with a huge bang. A rescue ship in the area was sent to Ryo's crash site to rescue him. Upon landing on the carrier, having dealt with the 109's except curt wicke who was able to escape any damage.  The squadron landed, and bushido walked up to sharpie.

Bushido: where's Ryo?

Sharpie just looked at him with the telltale look

Bushido: oh no, NO YOU CANT BE SERIOUS!

Sharpie: I most certainly am, Squadron commander Spencer Duesburry was shot down, not just knocked out.

Bushido: he is alive though right?

Sharpie: thankfully he is.

Bushido: oh thank god.

A few hours later, a depressed Ryo arrived back on the carrier.
Ryo's spotless shot down record was shattered, until today Ryo had never been knocked out or shot down. Not to mention he had lost his baby, his spitfire Mk18e "death dancer"

Mikey was sympathetic and shared his own story.